MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Event/Actvity log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Description:
Acts as an activity display for numerous user actions.

Events:
*New joins
*Signature change
*Username change
*Group join
*Profile edit

Instructions:
Place ./inc/ in the ROOT of your MyBB forum.
Place ./eventlog.php in the ROOT of your MyBB forum.
Activate the plugin. (Configuration >> Plugins > Eventlog > Activate)

Settings can be found in Configuration >> Settings >> Eventlog

Notes:
Template for the eventlog.php page is called eventlog and is stored under Global Templates.
The text for each event can be modified in ./inc/languages/english/eventlog.lang.php.
Images are stored in ./inc/plugins/eventlog/.

Download link: http://mods.mybb.com/view/eventlog
Approved.

New threads perhaps?
Pretty neat stuff pyridine! Around how many queries does this use? I might be interested in adding it to the index of my site.
It looks like it does a query every time an event happens, and then uses one query to view the event list.
Hm. Might be a bit much to add to the index. I guess I'll download it and see Wink
maybe also button on index page visible just for admin
Nice, but IMO it would be excellent if you would provide any option to Prune the events when needed. If you've a large forum then your db will become quite large if this plugin used.
I'll try it and report back any negative impact to the forum (if any).
Found a bug already.
'Guest joined' is shown when new members register, it should display the user name.
(2011-12-24, 03:24 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Hm. Might be a bit much to add to the index. I guess I'll download it and see Wink
It doesn't add any on index - 1 query for when you visit the event page and 1 query when an event is run. (eg. new member)

(2011-12-24, 05:52 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try it and report back any negative impact to the forum (if any).
Found a bug already.
'Guest joined' is shown when new members register, it should display the user name.
Thanks, I don't know why I missed that during testing. Confused

(2011-12-24, 05:07 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, but IMO it would be excellent if you would provide any option to Prune the events when needed. If you've a large forum then your db will become quite large if this plugin used.
I planned to add this but completely forgot about it. Added to to-do list.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Smile

(2011-12-24, 04:23 PM)lexy Wrote: [ -> ]maybe also button on index page visible just for admin

You can just rename the eventlog.php page and not give out the link - no one will find it. Wink
Dang this is a huge post, lol. Here's a quick fix for the above bug - sorry about that.
Place in ./inc/plugins/

(Fix is included with latest version at mods site)
not see any fix
Pages: 1 2 3