MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error 500 after deleting .htacess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(Hi, my english isn't the best, so sorry.)

Hi, i deleted the .htacess file in the main directory, cause I don't know what it does.
After that, i got a 500-Error, then I tryed to copy the original .htacess file from the Downlaod section into the same directory, but nothing hapens.

What can I do?
I don't wan't to losse all Plugins and my own Theme :-(
The .htaccess file is usually required if you have search engine friendly URLs. Make sure the file name is correct - not .htacess (and the dot in the beginning must be present). I see no other reason why it wouldn't be working.
I just downloadet the whole Forum (1.6.5) aiagin, and take the .htacess file from it, into the director but the problem is still there
Please read what I say. There is no .htaccess file in the MyBB package - only htaccess.txt. You must rename it correctly to: .htaccess (with the dot in the beginning, two c in the middle and two s in the end). Not .htacess or .htacces.
Don't work, look:
[Image: errornv.png]
The error is still there, please help ...
a forum URL might help
Forum URL?
i meant if he could let people know where the problem is lol but then i realised that if you can't access it then there is no point.
I am asking him for it, not questioning your question Smile
ahhhh lol sorry
Pages: 1 2 3