MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email inactive members Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
yeah, automatic.

And, you'd be able to set the time up in the Admin CP.

Plus there would be 2 options:

Email After x number of days without logging in
Email After x number of days without posting

Or you could pick both of them.

(X being the number of days you put in)
I've tried to make something =P Maybe someone can test it on his/her board too; for all the testing i did it worked =P But nothing is bugfree these days Wink Feel free to test ...

Download :: http://thingiej.be/eoi.rar

Screen with the ACP-Options :: http://thingiej.be/eoi_screen.jpg

Problems with it, suggestions => PM
just wondering is there a way to make it so users don't get the email more than once?
nekng Wrote:just wondering is there a way to make it so users don't get the email more than once?

There's an extra field in the users-column that checks that =P If a mail has been sent to the user, a variable will be changed from 0 to 1 ... If that user logs in, the variable will be set to 0 again. If he doesn't logs in, it stays 1 and no other mails will be sent to him Wink
cool! I installed the mod on my forum and as far as i can tell it works!
i just set our board's test account's last visit to zero and tested it. It works great, thank you so much!
Thank you for this plugin. I was also looking for something like this.
Oooh, when I get to work tomorrow, I'll download this and try it. Sounds like something that will come in handy on my forum as well! Big Grin
I would like it suggest that the userdetails from the user-table and userfields-table are included in the mail...to the effect of something like this

Quote:Hello {username},

We have noticed that you have not logged in with us since {lastlogindate}.

In order to make sure that our data stays current, we would like to make sure we have your details correctly in our system. Here's the current information we have on you:

USERNAME: {username}
EMAIL: {email}
EMAIL PERMISSION STATUS: {allownotices}
{ARRAY OF FIDS} : {related values to those FIDs}

If you see something incorrect here, please click <a href="link.to/forums/users.php?uid=xx">here</a> and update your information.

Best regards,
XXXX Forum Administration

ideally the wording above would be customizable via admincp (perhaps with it's own screen with the tags allowed to be used listed on the side).
You could also make it either allow HTML (so you can use your own design-template to match the look and feel of the site in your email) or just send straight text email.

Also, if you could define the FROM-email-address it goes out from as well as REPLY-TO-address through the admincp...it would be immensely helpful.

If something like this was built, I would definitely install it on our community of 20,000+

I am just wondering if it would be cleaner if this flag to avoid mailing multiple times would be better saved in a separate table. This to avoid deviances from the original dbase-schema and to avoid potential future conflicts with upgrades and all.

cheers,
Kimmo
Kimmo Wrote:ideally the wording above would be customizable via admincp (perhaps with it's own screen with the tags allowed to be used listed on the side).
You could also make it either allow HTML (so you can use your own design-template to match the look and feel of the site in your email) or just send straight text email.

=> Aint possible at this moment, i asked Michael83 and the mymail function doesn't support HTML, you would need to write a whole new function and i'm not into that =P Probably not much to change, but my knowledge hasn't reached that stadium yet =P

Also, if you could define the FROM-email-address it goes out from as well as REPLY-TO-address through the admincp...it would be immensely helpful.

=> FROM email is the email you set in the general settings for all going-out mail of the forum, so why do you need a different reply-to address?
But it's just an extra field, so it's possible ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5