MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email inactive members Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yay!
I just got a new 'test' forum last night, so I'll try it out there.

Thanks alot LeX-!
LeX- Wrote:
Kimmo Wrote:ideally the wording above would be customizable via admincp (perhaps with it's own screen with the tags allowed to be used listed on the side).
You could also make it either allow HTML (so you can use your own design-template to match the look and feel of the site in your email) or just send straight text email.

=> Aint possible at this moment, i asked Michael83 and the mymail function doesn't support HTML, you would need to write a whole new function and i'm not into that =P Probably not much to change, but my knowledge hasn't reached that stadium yet =P

Also, if you could define the FROM-email-address it goes out from as well as REPLY-TO-address through the admincp...it would be immensely helpful.

=> FROM email is the email you set in the general settings for all going-out mail of the forum, so why do you need a different reply-to address?
But it's just an extra field, so it's possible ...

I understand the HTML-issue and in this case I pretty much prefer straight-text -format myself.

as for the requset for having the FROM and REPLY TO-addresses defined separately, this is due to having a large site with multiple people sending messages. FROM is not so much of an issue, but I have installed multiple email-addresses depending on the need....so sometimes I ask people send stuff directly to me ([email protected]) but sometimes something trivial (like "I don't feel like updating my info but here it is in the email") I like to forward to our groupmail ([email protected]), for any of my colleagues to act on.

And just to clear things, we are an alumni-site so we have to keep all records in the database, regardless of whether they are active or not....this would be just a perfect tool to address some quality-issues that pile up as the data ages.

cheers,
Kimmo

PS. any comments on the feasibility of having a list of usable tags in the email? or including those fields at all in the email? So to allow fully personalized and informative emails to go out instead of just a reminder...hey you haven't been around...come by...
In order for that to be useful for anyone, the tool would have to be dynamic and be able to add fields from the userfields-table as well and as we all know...the amount of fields in that table varies by forum (I have almost 40).
I can't figure out how to get all the customfield-info into 1 array and how to read it out, to get each customfield into a seperated {variable} so you can use it in your mail :z

EDIT ::

Added some extra fields for the "FROM-email" and "REPLY-TO-email" Wink

And a check if the check-column in your userstable already exists or not, so when you deactivate and activate afterwards the status of inactive user won't change, so they don't recieve a mail everytime you deactivate/activate =P

Download Link :: http://thingiej.be/eoi.rar

Info about the settings is included in the rar. Hope it's clear enough =P
sorry about this but some of my members who have regestured a new account say that they get an inactivaty email right after sighning up. Because of this could you make it so this mod will not email ppl in the awaiting activation usergroup?
this really sounds like a good idea, hope it all goes well...

is this the final version?

or are you updating it?
nekng Wrote:sorry about this but some of my members who have regestured a new account say that they get an inactivaty email right after sighning up. Because of this could you make it so this mod will not email ppl in the awaiting activation usergroup?

I've never use that "awaiting activation", so didn't thought about it for excluding them also =P The lastpost and lastvisit are set to 0 if they are in that group, thats why they get that mail Wink But it should be fixed now, i've added this to the queries ( AND usergroup != '5' ) so they won't be checked for inactivity, i've did some testing and worked well i suppose, at least i didn't get any mail Wink If it goes well, can you plz confirm this, thx in advance! =P

Download :: http://thingiej.be/eoi.rar

@JesseKB :: Aint the final version, still trying the request of Kimmo for getting that customfield-info into variables so you can use them in your mail you're sending. And testing every day, so i can exclude mistakes like nekng reported Wink
LeX- Wrote:@JesseKB :: Aint the final version, still trying the request of Kimmo for getting that customfield-info into variables so you can use them in your mail you're sending. And testing every day, so i can exclude mistakes like nekng reported Wink

Thanks for the info.

EDIT!: i done caps locks, sorry guys!

EDIT!2: BUT I CHANGED IT! GOSH!!!! freakin hell, get off of my back!!!!!!111oneoneone1!!11
thats brilliant. wish all forum owners would do this, cant say at how many sites i have registered but when it comes to my login details i can never remember them Smile
Made an update with trying to forfill Kimmo's req. For listing all customfieldsinfo and other userinfo, so they can be used in the message.
All available tags are collected in a textarea (didn't know another way), customfield-tags and userinfo-tags seperated from eachother.

Variables You Can Use In Your Message ::

* {bbname} == ForumName
* {date} == Current Date (DD-MM-YYYY)
* {username} == Name of User
* {uid} == ID of User
* {lastvisit} == Date of LastVisit (DD-MM-YYYY)
* {replyto} == Email Where People Can Respond To, Can Be Different Then Sender-Email
* {useremail} == Email of User
* {postnum} == How Much Posts The User Already Made
* {usergroup} == The Maingroup That The User Was In
* {usertitle} == Usertitle That User Used On Forum
* {regdate} == Date The User Regged Himself (DD-MM-YYYY)
* {lastpost} == Date of Last Post Made By Member (DD-MM-YYYY)
* {website} == Website of User
* {icq} == ICQ of User
* {aim} == AIM of User
* {yahoo} == Yahoo of User
* {msn} == MSN of User
* {birthday} == Birthday of User (DD-MM-YYYY)

* All Customfields You Have On Your Board Are Made So You Can Use Them As A {tag}, They Are Listed In A Textarea In Your ACP Were The EOI-Settings Are.

[Image: tags.jpg]

Hope it works everywhere like it does overhere! Did like 5hours testing with the new feature ... If you found bugs, mistakes pls report them!

Download v1.3 == http://thingiej.be/eoi.rar
just wondering how can i update the mod with our having ppl get the mail again?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5