MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Premium Post2Host Forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am a big board owner. So I had to shift to a dedi server to meet the site demands. Now well the website pays for the server itself. So I have a whole lot of space and resources left. So decided to start a post2host service. It definitely is premium. It's a start, so I hope that the website grows both in quality, packages, support etc etc. Here are the packages, (P.S I know that I am using a free domain, it's cuz I am using the previous board's url as the main one, so it has it's own nameservers and the server is also named after it. The domain shall be registered within 2 to 3 days time). In the meantime, you may suggest good domain names.
The forum (myBB) name: VolumeByte.net
VolumeByte.net/panel/
Above are the order packages, and below are the hosting features,

All the plans include,
Free cPanel Control Panel/ WHM (for reseller plans)
Addon/Parked Domains
Unlimited databases/ Ftp accounts/ Email Accounts
CGI Extensions
Cron Jobs
Fantastico script installer
Backup Manager
Frontpage Extensions
Ruby On Rails
Custom Cron jobs
FFmpeg support!!!
rsYnc support for moving files
99.9% Uptime
24/7 support
FREE SHELL ACCESS!!

Hope to add softaculous support in some time.

How am I gonna benefit from this service? Ads. You guys support me and I give you these premium services.
Ah and if you guys use MyBB, I am definitely gonna even help you out in establishing your board or whatever you guys wanna do.

I am open to replies guys, do not hesitate, I would love your feedback, and make these services better.

UPDATE: Wana ask something about the services? Feel free to pm me....

So that's that, do you guys like the theme? If you guys find anything wrong with the theme and the template do report it, I am also open to styling advices...
BUMP......... it's a legal bump, guys c'mon comment and tell me what things should I edit? Should I edit the themes too? I really want your feedback.
Here's my feedback in general.

1. Get that paid TLD first, all your URLs redirects to gigabithosting.tk, which does not look great. Example: "test.vuaskari.com/index.php" or "test.vuaskari.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=1" goes to "gigabithosting.tk".
2. Your forum title, forum names and category descriptions looks like a modified rip from BryanSoft.
3. Justin's themes are quite common (but are still awesome).
4. Get some threads started and going.

Not trying to slam you down, but if you want to be more successful you gotta do some more work before advertising your forum. The more appealing, unique and active it looks, the better your forum will be. Take it from someone who used to run a post2host himself.

Best regards.
Why I posted here before editing anything? Well this is exactly why, this is not advertising I might add, it's just me trying to know from experience that guys like you have to offer. This is actually a test. Hope to get the TLD when I have some free time. Maybe 4 to 5 days. I also have to make some major edits on the theme. It is a basic one. What do you think I should edit? Any suggestions on theming? I myself am not that artistic ^_^
And hey forgot to add, thank you for posting some feedback, you took the time out to review my case, I am really obliged.
What should the TLD be? This is something that is gonna take some time, the Bryansoft folks made a big mistake, by not including "hosting" in their domain, it took me weeks to find 'em. That happened 3 years back when I was a newbie. They are one of the best though. I am hoping to be somewhat like them in my own unique way, and even perhaps better than them.
get a TLD first,,,,,,,,,
(2011-12-30, 11:08 AM)Kingpirate02 Wrote: [ -> ]get a TLD first,,,,,,,,,

Do you read posts before posting.. Clearly not.

I say good luck to you man. you offer some great services. Although get yourself a custom theme. it's not had to make one or buy one.
(2011-12-28, 10:52 PM)musanaqvi110 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah and if you guys use MyBB, I am definitely gonna even help you out in establishing your board or whatever you guys wanna do.

If you want to establish others mybb why not make your first :p

A clean and professional theme for a hosting forum usually works, check the license work for it and see if you can modify it to your liking.

BryanSoft is unique because they don't have "hosting", "webhost", "host", etc in their domain name, there's way too much competition for those keywords. They used advertising and got good reviews to make a name for themselves. Unless you use lots of Google Adwords or spend months to years building up your rankings, I'd stay away from those hosting keywords.

Finding a niche within your hosting would make it better and more unique, since you say you would help out with MyBB users, a domain like "mybbgigabithosting.com" or something like that would mean your hosting mainly handles MyBB forums and would reach the MyBB audience. Just an example.

Also, do you have anyone for support tickets? ToS? Status updates? They're all important things to consider too.

Just being helpful so you don't make the same mistakes a lot of other web hosts have done in the past.
(2011-12-30, 09:38 PM)Xstrike Wrote: [ -> ]Just being helpful so you don't make the same mistakes a lot of other web hosts have done in the past.

Exactly why I asked you guys before just about doing anything Smile. Again thank you for your replies guys. About the TLD, how about volumebyte.net?
For support tickets, I myself am going to handle them, since I am the techy too. For forum moderation, a friend of mine has volunteered. In addition to that, any member can apply to become a moderator, I shall offer him a package free of charge, he just has to moderate and keep the users in check. I just opened the site so I could work on theming and see how it goes.
@roggers, thanks a lot man Smile
Good news, about to get the TLD by tonight.
Bump, my second bump.
Bump!! I have solved some glitches which seemed to hinder the hosting orders, but now all is well, just come to the site, post and then get a free hosting package!!
I have hired a designer and soon I'll get a theme for the site...
Almost 2 months later since the start of this thread and only 4 members on the forum?

Did you buy a .com/.net/.org domain yet?

And when I go to your hosting plans at http://gigabithosting.tk/panel/order/ it just takes me back to the forum index, I assume you're using TheHostingTool?
Pages: 1 2