MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam accounts and server load problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have problem with fake accounts. Every day there's fake accounts who I do not approve (spammers) so i need a tool to delete them. It takes much time to delete id manual one by one, is there way to select them and delete with one click? I had searched plug-ins and did't find something to help me.
You can see how it's look like:

[Image: users.jpg]

Second problem is the message who appears after log in who says: '' The maximum server load has been reached. Please check back later once server is less busy.''
That's is appears only to users, not admins. That's appears only on my forum (www.mcmarshal.com) and there's two more mybb forums on same server who working fine (www.akcrankshaft.com/forum/ and http://www.livadabl.com/index.php ).

[Image: forum.jpg]

MyBB 1.4.9 is the one we use.
I recommend upgrading to MyBB 1.6.5. The upgrade process is easy and it has many built in anti-spam tools.
Thank you Smile
With 1.6.5, I would get the following plugins:

Spamalyser
Registration Security Question
Goodbye Spammer (for those times when they do get through)

Add in custom questions into registration security question to make it harder.

With 1.6.5 and these mods, your spammer registration could should drop dramatically!
Do you think that second problem with ''server laod'' is from spam?
Well, you must have set the setting in the ACP and you might have set it really low.
>1409
There's your problem. Im so glad I don't have to deal with spam on 1605.
Thank you. I have to do upgrade, that's first step Smile
(2011-12-30, 04:47 PM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]>1409
There's your problem. Im so glad I don't have to deal with spam on 1605.

Not really true. My buddies forum is 1605 and he gets spammed up the wazoo even with those plugins. My forum is untouched, but his isn't so lucky.
(2011-12-31, 11:39 AM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]Not really true. My buddies forum is 1605 and he gets spammed up the wazoo even with those plugins. My forum is untouched, but his isn't so lucky.

Yep - 1.6.5 is far from immune to spam.