MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Deactivate or Uninstall Plugins... And More probs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So for some reason my sites been going all weird (won't do delet posts, move them properly, switch from mobile to desktop feature isn't working, etc) and to me it looks like the PHP is all weird but I don't know PHP so I don't know.

Anyways so I though "hmmm maybe if I deactivate or uninstall plugins" but I can't even do that so I know something major is wrong with it. Two days ago I had an error saying something with "PHP/GCI not work" or something like that, it looks like the thing when u get a SQL error but not.

This is major problem and I need it fixed so please help. Thanks and anythin is appreciated.
By the sounds of it, it's a webserver misconfiguration. Try contacting your host and reference the errors you're getting.
I was hoping it wouldnt be that but I agree I think it but the problem is I'm on free hosting (freehosting.com) but that was to start and I did plan on moving eventually but not this early Sad I can contact them but I would get ZERO support because that's hot free hostin works.

Is there any alternatives? Like is tere something else I can do, this has been happening all of a sudden and I have a feeling there doin this on purpose to get rid of me...
Go with some cheap shared hosting. You'll always face problems with free hosting. After all, you get what you pay for.
I'm not sure what you'd expect us to be able to do about a PHP/CGI error as that's nothing we have any kind of control over. You'd need to give more information on the other problems though, if PHP isn't working it flat out won't work at all, it wouldn't mean very specific things in MyBB don't work. Please clarify on what is actually happening and going wrong with the things you mentioned in the first post.
@Nathon ya ur right, like I said it was a starting thing just to see if it's worth making before I dedicated to it and start paying fees for it.

@Matt well Tim using gomobile and whenever I try to switch from mobile version to desktop one it doesn't work, well at least properly. It would work tho like 10 minutes after but it's like it's delayed because I never told it to switch an all of a sudden it does.

Than there's the plugins, I can't deactivate or uninstall them AT ALL. Now there was one thin that happened that confused me and again it's like it's delayed, I clicked on the other tabs in te ACP (I think it was posts and forums) and than it says at the top like it would normally show it in plugins saying "your plugin was sucsessfully uninstalled.

Than a moderation problem Im having. I tried to move a post to somewhere else and well it ain't working ours well. It did it eventually after trying around 5 times and it does but I selected it do do the wrong thing so I tried to post it as another user so it's back where it originally was and it wouldn't log me out. It said it did but it never did. And to top it off I locked a topic an tried to unlock it after. It ain't working at all. Again it says it did but it never did.

All this started to happened when I first got that above error I mentioned and other things happened like the whole site wouldn't load an would take forever but again these are server problems and I plan on switching to Host Gator (I woul go with Go Daddy but they support SOPA but they don't anymore after hey lost a orange load of domains, sucks for them). So any recommendations for cheap hosting that I could pay monthly or every 3 months. No yearly though.

And thanks guys again, at least I know some part of the problem.
Can you PM me login details for an admin account?? If anything all that sounds like something is being severely cached somewhere, it's not as if the PHP won't be doing what it should or anything, because then nothing would be working at all.

As for hosts, have a look at Dreamhost.
Sent.
I recommend SpeedySparrow for a web host.

They are at http://speedysparrow.com . They are quite a bit cheaper than other hosts, but they definitely have great service. Even if there is a problem, they couldn't handle it better usually. Sean (the CEO) is a very friendly person who you can ask questions any time.

If you post in their forums, or ask them a question, you are always addressed/known by your name. You aren't customer 15255.
Bump... Anyone able to help with the issues I'm having?

And thanks I'll check it out
Pages: 1 2 3