MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirecting Issues - Unsolved Still
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got MyBB setup tonight successfully. I got it attached to the website, have made a couple of accounts and it appears to login and logout successfully. I've had no problems. I went to the main site and attached a link at the top [FORUM] to goto the forum and upon clicking on it, the page directs to the login screen for the forum (as desired). Upon entering my username and password, I get the brief successful login screen that says "You have successfully logged in to your account. You will be redirect to where you logged in from."

It then takes me back to may main website page (www.oakhillonline.org), which is indeed the page where I initially clicked to goto the forum. It didn't go directly to the forums page like I had anticipated.

Next, since I'm on my initial webpage, I again click the [FORUM] button and notice that it takes me directly to the user forum page and I'm logged in successfully. I can manipulate everything fine and log in and out but it forces me to go back in after it re-directs me to the main page.

Is there any way to make the settings send me straight to the user forum page after entering my username/password?

Thanks!
admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> general configuration --> board URL <-- do you have forum URL here
(2011-12-30, 08:19 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> general configuration --> board URL <-- do you have forum URL here

Yes. It is http://www.oakhillonline.org/forum

It still directs me back to the main page instead of going into the forum index.
i just registered and the site does as you say redirect you to the main site but clicking the forum link again takes you straight back to the forum where your correctly logged in. this is a wild stab but have you tried adding the trailing slash to the link on the main site so it is like http://oakhillonline.org/forum/

i did have a similar issue a few years back on a phpbb board and that seemed to fix it. do not know why but it just did.
forge that something really weird just happened. When i logged in using the link above with the trailing slash it logged me in and returned me to the MYBB site here.

it is like it is returning you to the page you were referred from.

(2011-12-30, 08:56 AM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]i just registered and the site does as you say redirect you to the main site but clicking the forum link again takes you straight back to the forum where your correctly logged in. this is a wild stab but have you tried adding the trailing slash to the link on the main site so it is like http://oakhillonline.org/forum/

i did have a similar issue a few years back on a phpbb board and that seemed to fix it. do not know why but it just did.
forge that something really weird just happened. When i logged in using the link above with the trailing slash it logged me in and returned me to the MYBB site here.

it is like it is returning you to the page you were referred from.

I Did, same response, no change.

yes it seems that it redirects me to this board if i visit yours via this site. try it log out of your board use the link i gave above and then log in you should nen be redirected back to this site on login..
(2011-12-30, 09:03 AM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]yes it seems that it redirects me to this board if i visit yours via this site. try it log out of your board use the link i gave above and then log in you should nen be redirected back to this site on login..

Hey, THanks.

Not too sure if its a cookie issue. If I type in the direct link in a browser: http://www.oakhillonline.org/forum, it takes me direct to the login screen. Since it wasn't referred from a link, THEN this allows it to go straight into the board without going back to my homepage. It appears that every time I access the forum login page thru a link, I log in and it redirects me back to my homepage where the link was clicked (referred from). However, funny enough, if I enter incorrect credentials then re-enter the correct ones, it takes me in properly. Also if I click the link to go into the site and hit "refresh" before entering username/pass, it continues forward because it doesn't recognize a referring link.. Weird huh?

As far as I know, I believe my cookie settings are right:
Cookie Domain: .oakhillonline.org
Cookie Path: /forum/
Cookie Prefix: Blank

Any suggestions? Thanks
hopefully someone with a little more knowledge can help soon.
however i just noticed my cookie domain is just set to myforum.co.uk without the . in front of it and mine seems to work fine? don't forget to clear your browser cache if your messing with cookie settings though
Test account?
(2011-12-30, 10:33 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Test account?

What do I need to do? I'm new to this as of today! Thanks!
Pages: 1 2