MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal.php as Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey,

I searched the internet a lot of times, also these forum. And theree is no 100% working solution out there. Renaming the portal to index and change some code brings problems, and I dont know whats happening if there is an update...

Write some stuff in the htaccess.txt also just not work. It seems that its very combersome to do such important thing.

So, is there an realy working solution out there, to make the portal the main page, without recoding MyBB?
The server doesn't use htaccess.txt.

Put this in .htaccess:

DirectoryIndex portal.php
I just see the htaccess.txt, dont know where to post the code.
open htaccess.txt enter the line you were given and then save the file on your server as .htaccess without the .txt
It Works. Thanks, great!

My FireFTP dont shows this file in the explorer, but I think thats a setting question.
Yes, you need to edit the settings to show hidden dotfiles Smile
(2011-12-31, 04:07 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]The server doesn't use htaccess.txt.

Put this in .htaccess:

DirectoryIndex portal.php

Better
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html

You're gonna have an issue with the directives and the file directories will show on some folders.
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.php?

Why? Can you explain it? I dont realy understand it, why should I put the index.php into the Code?
I dont want that the index.php is the mainpage.
If the directory doesn't have a portal.php it'll goto index.php or index.html, otherwise it'll just show an index on other directories.
Ah ok. But why sould I delete or rename my portal.php? There is no szenario, why I should not have my portal.php anymore. It works, so I will ever have an portal.php in my maindirectory.
Pages: 1 2