MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DyMy Cbox Chat Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2012-01-01, 06:23 PM)Karlitosway Wrote: [ -> ]well Im completely lost

signed up for cbox and there codes dont integrate

tried this plugin and nothing happens, no cbox anywhere

any chance of a step by step because I simple dont know what Im supposed to be doing?

Did you bother to read the plugin page on the Mods site? I don't think it could be more clear:
Upload the files to the MyBB root.
Install & Activate
Fill in the information in the CBox Settings in your ACP->Configuration, those each describe what they need.
Navigate to www.yourforumurl.com/cbox_chat.php where www.yourforumurl.com/index.php is the MyBB index page.

If you've done all that and it isn't working, then post here for support and I'll help you get it working.
(2012-01-01, 09:20 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Navigate to www.yourforumurl.com/cbox_chat.php where www.yourforumurl.com/index.php is the MyBB index page.

You didn't actually mention that part anywhere except in another users help thread thus I didn't see that step was needed. Maybe it should be obvious but I'm only a novice.

Having seen that step I have got the chat screen but its giving me an error saying "Error
Invalid Cbox code. Please reinstall. [2]" which isnt mentioned on cbox's own help page but google search suggests it may be a cbox problem as its mentioned on a few sites so I will leave it until tomorrow

thanks
he is right. i cant find this Navigate to http://www.yourforumurl.com/cbox_chat.php where http://www.yourforumurl.com/index.php i

please do give the full tutorial like i said we are not the creator of this plugin .. you are sir dylan so please teach us how and how and how to do it.
Weird, I'll apologize to you both because that instruction list should be on the mods site page for that plugin... and its missing. I know I typed it... gah.

Updated the mods page with the instructions where I thought they were. And that is the full thing, it should work once those steps are completed.
(2012-01-02, 02:33 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Weird, I'll apologize to you both because that instruction list should be on the mods site page for that plugin... and its missing. I know I typed it... gah.

Updated the mods page with the instructions where I thought they were. And that is the full thing, it should work once those steps are completed.

thank you very much bro... ill take a look.. and im going to eave a reputauin here now.. thanks
bro dylan i still got this
Error
Invalid Cbox code. Please reinstall. [2]
Did you insert your CBox information in the settings as instructed?
Cbox Security Tag
Please enter the security tag given in your Cbox control panel. This is a mandatory setting.

Cbox Private Key
Please enter the private key given on your Cbox control panel's integration page. This is a mandatory setting.

Cbox Box Id
Please enter the Cbox ID from your Cbox control panel. This is a mandatory setting.

Cbox Box Width
Please enter the Cbox width you chose in your Cbox control panel. This is a mandatory setting for Non-Themed.

Cbox Box Height
Please enter the Cbox height you chose in your Cbox control panel. This is a mandatory setting for Non-Themed.

Cbox Box Form Height
Please enter the Cbox form height you chose in your Cbox control panel. This is a mandatory setting for Non-Themed.

Cbox Box Border Color
Please enter the Cbox border color you chose in your Cbox control panel. This is a mandatory setting for Non-Themed.

Cbox Box Which Template
Choose a template to use from the dropdown below. NOTE: Currently only Non-Themed works 100%!

can you teach me how to configure this
Also, are you using the "Premium" CBox with Integration enabled?

I cannot further test or develop this plugin at this time unless someone wants to donate $11 so I can renew my CBox subscription. I let it lapse since I wasn't using it anymore.
(2012-01-02, 03:36 AM)rzoneph Wrote: [ -> ]Cbox Security Tag
Please enter the security tag given in your Cbox control panel. This is a mandatory setting.

Cbox Private Key
Please enter the private key given on your Cbox control panel's integration page. This is a mandatory setting.

~~snip etc...~~~

can you teach me how to configure this

Not really. If you have a premium subscription to CBox all of these things are available in your CBox control panel. This plugin wont work without a premium subscription to CBox.
i upgraded and have rechecked all my settings plus enabled integration via cbox but the same message keeps appearing. any ideas?

when it says cbox code is invalid does it mean the security tag or key or something else? Cbox help is less than helpful.

cheers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5