MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: marking PM's read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just undertook an epic merge took me many combinations to convert my E107 to MYBB but it was worth it as i retained almost everything i wanted.

the conversion went along these lines

E107 > SMF1.1 >SMF 2.0 RC3 > PHPBB3 >MYBB (finally)

couple of quick questions though

i now have all my PM's marked as unread is there an easy way to mark them as read? i do not want to delete them as there is some important info in some of them.

secondly my passwords did not work on initial login but the merge admin i created (called by a different name) was able to reset the main admin pass any ideas as to why this happened? i tried one of my test accounts which logged in fine so it seems it was just that one account but i am awaiting the members getting back to me.

all in all a hard days work with a lot learned but definitely worth it. if your interested in seeing it in action here is the finished board.

http://fellview.hagzhosting.com/upload/

one final point for any budding mergers i could not for the life of me get the PHPBB > MYBB merge to work on my localhost (WAMP) however it worked perfect on my server.
Go to phpMyAdmin and select the database MyBB is running on. Do this query:

UPDATE mybb_privatemessages SET readtime = 1325440914

You might want to change the timestamp to something else though.
cheers for that i guessed it would have to be a SQL Query.

just glad i got it all exported.

Incidentally the timestamp what format is it ?
(2012-01-02, 12:01 PM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]cheers for that i guessed it would have to be a SQL Query.

just glad i got it all exported.

No problem Smile

-----
I don't know what you mean by the format of the timestamp. You can get the timestamp (right now) from http://timestamptodate.com/

Oh, do you mean the format? PHP sorts that.
never worked have no idea why but hey ho thanks for your help.
(2012-01-02, 12:33 PM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]never worked have no idea why but hey ho thanks for your help.

What's the SQL error if there is any? What's your table prefix?
it runs fine and updates the tables to the value i gave it (i got the timestamp from a PM i know has been read already on another one of my forums) and they still show as unread. however once read they appear to stay read as you would expect is there any cache or something i need to clear?
(2012-01-02, 12:41 PM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]it runs fine and updates the tables to the value i gave it (i got the timestamp from a PM i know has been read already on another one of my forums) and they still show as unread. however once read they appear to stay read as you would expect is there any cache or something i need to clear?

Does it mark new private messages as read when they've been?
UPDATE mybb_privatemessages SET status = 1

That should mark all private messages as read Big Grin
here is a snapshot of my Database with teh highlighted PM being one i have read and now appears correctly as read i see absolutely no eason why the rest do not appear the same lol.
(2012-01-02, 12:46 PM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]here is a snapshot of my Database with teh highlighted PM being one i have read and now appears correctly as read i see absolutely no eason why the rest do not appear the same lol.

Try the SQL code in my post above.
Pages: 1 2