MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thanks Plugin Help Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When a member on my forum thanks someone they get:
'TypeError: xml is null'
but before that they get
'an Error had occured please contact administrator"

I followed instructions on another thread that told me to check for pthx table in mybb_posts and it was there.

Any help?

Thanks.

EDIT:

I also have <script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/thx.js"></script>{$newpmmsg}
in header include so that will not be the reason as well.
Bumping this.
This is still an issue
check responses at Thanks plugin thread
(2012-01-28, 06:27 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]check responses at Thanks plugin thread

Please read my post, I've stated I've already checked that.
if you are using MyBB 1.6.5 then have you also checked if the plugin is compatible with it ..
* Plugin Changes coming in 1.6.5 * Script to Update Plugins for 1.6.5
Same thing here.. Does not work anymore.. what happened?
^ Thanks plugin is not working as expected for many. alternate plugin is Thankyou Like system
Same problem.
I don't want solve with Thank you like system, I want Thanks because it's easier.
There's a confllic between some knd of code, if the users with same problem can do a list of plugins, i know is conflict because i see this problem yet, but till now i don't find any info, because i don't have this on my hands, only see by external sites, if i got this troubble in my hands i can solve it, but only can view with my own debugger and thats all till now.

If i find some info i post here, if users can told what plugins or how your plugins was broken, this info can be greatfull for me to repeat on my host the same trouble and when this happens can fix it and share this info with all users.

EDIT: Well i find one posible trouble, its a conflict in your styleshets, for some reason you have broken your code...

PREVIEW TO FIX THIS: Test on Default theme with no changes or some new theme without any changes, add the vars for your plugin and test, if it works, this have to work fine, it's your styleshet or your template customization, if wont maybe you add some rule on your htaccess and you have to review that.

FIXING: You have to revert all changes making a backup of your templates, i see many times is inside this thre templates the problem...

Deactivate and activate again the plugin, if you make some changes save it and then do this.
If you make some changes on your styleshets revert it delete entire code, if a button like one thread i see of kowak xD.

Then you have to go to your templates:

postbit
postbit_classic
it depends wich postbit are you using, but if you wanna fix both of them have to revert this two templates.

headerinclude
revert this to your original template.

After this test it. I recomend you to make a backu of your templates before do this.

Well then you have to analize which plugin or part of code broken your plugin adding some parts of your templates again.

I know some plugins make this trouble, because add some vars to this thre templates and makes a conflict between plugins and their codes, well thats all, seeh ya...

Another thing, make sure you have your vars on headericlude of script and templates on postbit and postbit_classic of thanks plugin like:

$post['thanks']
$post['thxdsp_inline']
$post['thxdsp_outline']

Cheers, hope it helps, if anyone can not fix this maybe have to review your rules on htaccess to stop some redirect pages, till now thats what i got.
Plugin list:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-139296-page-3.html

One of the problem is that the plugin doesn't unistall so it remains broken.

Reverted headerinclude but still persists the problem.
This is a damned problem.

DarkNeo, is it possibile to make a Test account that have the possibility to modify templates? So you can see all that you need.

EDIT: This afternoon I'll try on Default.
Pages: 1 2