MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alternative merchants to PayPal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Happy new year all.

Any donations I've received in the past have been received through PayPal, hence me incurring a charge, but now I am going to sell some low cost items too, and I just cannot swallow the PayPal fee pill, as I'm only scraping a profit as it is.

Are there any alternative and safe means to receive money charge free?

P.s the fact that you don't need PayPal to send money to someones PayPal is also useful, so would be looking at this in any alternative.
I don't know of any payment processor that does not collect a fee for their services. My biggest issue with Paypal are their policies, more than their fees. I still use them though as over here, they are the most common for users to have.
Alertpay and Google Checkout.
Looks like I'll be sticking with PayPal, unfortunately google check pretty much nearly imitates pay pals fee structure, and I don't want them having all my private info as well as PayPal.

Sigh.
Everyone is going to have a fee. that is the only possible way they could make money off of it. Paypal's fees are not THAT bad.. they average between $0.36-$1.00 if something is expensive(ish). You're not going to find anyone that doesn't have a service fee.

Only other popular ones are alertpay, and google checkout.
Paypal just has a terrible TOS. If you sell an item, and someone disputes it, you may not get paid, or the item back. Paypal may force them to destroy it.
MyBB is up front!
Avoid AlertPay:
Quote:Due to a temporary service outage related to US bank transfers, account verification via bank transfer is presently unavailable. Please select an alternate verificiation method. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This has been going on for months and as far as I know it isn't the first time it happened to them either.
(2012-01-05, 01:23 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Alertpay and Google Checkout.

Yeah Alertpay is either not allowing to withdraw though CC. Best alternative IMO is google checkout or 2CO. 2CO has high fees but your money is quite safe there.
It seems over looked often but amazon does offer a check out service as well.
Liberty Reserve. Only 1% fee & the best part, no chargebacks. Once payment is made, its gonna be with YOU only, no one can dispute it back. That is where PayPal lacks but I've to use it as most of the buyers & the people whom I deal with uses so.

So if you receive $1K in LR, you'll only have tax as 10$ and would receive 990$, whereas if you received that amount in PayPal, it'd be around $700-750 only.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5