MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I convert an Ikonboard 3.1.2a database to MyBB 1.6.5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I am in real trouble and I could use some help. I have a domain that has been offline since Dec. 31.

I need to know how to convert an Ikonboard 3.1.2a database which is about 155MB to MyBB 1.6.5.

MyBB 1.6.5 would be a brand new install, not an upgrade.

I have access to cpanel and access to a third-party FTP client. I use Apple computers.

I have a brand new shiny domain waiting to install the new MyBB forum, but I need to get the database converted first.

Right now, there is nothing on the new domain, with the plan to install a brand new install of MyBB 1.6.5. On the old domain is Ikonboard 3.1.2a, and the old domain is currently down. However, I do have a copy of the Ikonboard database in SQL form on my computer's desktop which was provided by my web host.

Thank you to anyone who can assist with this. My website has been down for 18 going on 19 days. Undecided

If I have left out any details which could be helpful, please feel free to ask. Thank you. Smile

direct conversion is not available ; you may have to first convert to phpBB or other system and later to myBB .
you may hire someone experienced with myBB if required ..
As stated above, you might have to convert your forum to another forum software and then to MyBB...

phpBB requires a conversion to phpBB 2, and then to phpBB 3 as I've read on their website..

A better solution would be to convert your board to SMF and then to MyBB..

Ikonboard to SMF : http://download.simplemachines.org/?conv...=ikonboard
Thank you both. Smile I have heard of both of these options, but neither seems like a straightforward process, although I don't seem to have a choice. I have heard of errors being generated with both of these conversions, though I have never tried a conversion myself. I will do further research on them both.

Also, I do not know whether I need to install the actual board software for SMF and/or phpBB (whichever one I convert to), or if the conversions are only steps along the way and installation of the board software for SMF and/or phpBB is unnecessary. Can anyone advise?

I hope I do not have to install the board software just for conversion of the database, because I do not want to mix up a files for SMF and/or phpBB and then have to untangle them from the default files that existed on the domain prior to me installing the board, because I want to install the MyBB board software without having any other board software on the main domain directory.

Thank you. Smile

^ you may have to install the other forum system and remove it later (after conversion to myBB) - if you can afford, you can hire someone ..
Do the conversion in localhost. You don't have to worry about uploading and removing files then.
This is a lot, lot, LOT harder than anyone can imagine.

No, I can't afford to hire someone.

All I can say is this is a nightmare.

Still struggling with this. Will report back, but I cannot possibly duplicate all of the steps for anyone trying to retrace them.
missy do you have all the original forum files and the database from your IKONboard?

if so there may be someone willing here to help you? i am prepared to have a go on my own host if you like i will download a version and see if i can do it?

missy do you have all the original forum files and the database from your IKONboard?

if so there may be someone willing here to help you? i am prepared to have a go on my own host if you like i will download a version and see if i can do it?

my e107 conversion was quite an epic lol

E107>SMF1.6>SMF 2.0> PHPBB3> Mybb but it was worth it.

Thanks a lot hagz, Smile let me see if this will do it and if not I may take you up on it. Road blocks at every turn. i tried ikonboard to phpbb2 to phpbb3 to mybb but I'm stuck at the Merge. But let me first see if I can get through the Merge and I will report back ... thank you. Shy If not I am going to have to go a different route or maybe somehow my conversion somewhere along the way was faulty. Huh

Although it has shown up fine so far in all of the boards along the way, which is why I thought the conversion was okay. But the original board is down ... long story. It would have been so much better if the original board had not gone down. Confused
I'm not sure why you're adding in extra steps that aren't necessary. You can go from phpBB2 to MyBB, you don't need to do phpBB3 at all.
Pages: 1 2