MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Megaupload.com Has Been Taken to Shut Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Its frustrating, read the whole story here: http://techland.time.com/2012/01/19/feds...ng-website

Sad
Good.
(2012-01-20, 01:52 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Good.

I'm sorry, but how in gods name is this good?

By the way, Anonymous has already started retaliating.

"(RNN) - In whey they call their largest attack ever, the hactivist group Anonymous is claiming responsibility for bringing down the websites for the FBI, the U.S. Department of Justice and about half a dozen music industry websites, among others."

Can't help but smile.
(2012-01-20, 02:41 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-20, 01:52 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Good.

I'm sorry, but how in gods name is this good?

By the way, Anonymous has already started retaliating.

"(RNN) - In whey they call their largest attack ever, the hactivist group Anonymous is claiming responsibility for bringing down the websites for the FBI, the U.S. Department of Justice and about half a dozen music industry websites, among others."

Can't help but smile.

guess it depends on where the site is hosted or the owners live. if its not hosted in the US or owned by a US company or the owners live in the US, I don't really agree with it since its out of our jurisdiction, unless there is some sort of agreement between the US and the country that is hosting or they company exists.

piracy is piracy and its illegal here. Anonymous is just as bad for what they are doing. They would get much more support if they worked to get the laws changed, but they are not wanting to change the laws, they only want to hack and DDOS and just cause mischief. Changing the laws would give them nothing to work against
Frustrating.
They arrested him from New Zealand IIRC.
(2012-01-20, 04:36 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]They arrested him from New Zealand IIRC.

You recall correctly. However I believe New Zealand has an extradition treaty with the US. Toungue
it is very serious pretty sadly! FCC strictly more strictly! USA control powerful because Sad i reading story sadly terrible! hard!
It was a good run while it lasted.
I wonder how the future of file sharing will be?
IRC again perhaps?
There will always be piracy. Thats a fact.
They will force it underground but it will remain.
Black hatters need it to spread there ppi type crap.
WTF... And this is why I don't want SOPA to be applied, this is just a start, if this gets passed out, we'd see every one such site being taken down because of some idiots everyday.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8