MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paid Subscription Function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes, but actually I was referring to the idea of "multiple" payment processors.
Hmm, check Tera donation, it also has more than 5 payment modules, so it won't be that hard to get 3 basic processors.
(2012-01-21, 04:08 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that ruins a forum in my opinion is this "VIP membership"... a board starts fine and everyone is happy, then the admin comes up with this VIP thing, and then all the privileges go to VIP members (support/themes/no ads/reputations/more PMs/username change/admin friendly..............)
Then the board becomes a business place...

I'd rather accept donations than privileging some members just because they have $$

Sorry for this introduction, my answer is "best suited as a plugin"

^This. I personally hate VIP memberships too.

And moreover, every new forum (with 0 posts and 0 topics) will enable the VIP membership. So, it would make every new MyBB forum look bad.
It should be a plugin and should be used by users who wish to use it.
i think isnt nexecesary
Plugin. Not every forum needs the feature so why run it as core? A brand new forum has absolutely nothing to offer VIP's, so it just looks greedy.

A plugin for this would be fine.
(2012-01-21, 10:14 AM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-21, 10:13 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]* Yaldaram thinks that devs. might have to do a lot of coding for this feature though :s

No no no. It's actually quite simple. Take a look at the plugin! I'm sure the developers could easily implement that plugin in with the forum.

(2012-01-21, 10:13 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]* Yaldaram thinks that devs. might have to do a lot of coding for this feature though :s

http://community.mybb.com/thread-77803.html
Looks like the "devs" already made one! Toungue

(2012-01-21, 11:31 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, check Tera donation, it also has more than 5 payment modules, so it won't be that hard to get 3 basic processors.

Those two posts made my day lol.
This reminds me I should probably update that plugin...

On topic, I am against including this in the core. It would probably lead to either too many new sites having subscriptions and not providing anything useful, or the majority of sites wouldn't use it.
(2012-01-22, 12:07 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]It would probably lead to either too many new sites having subscriptions and not providing anything useful, or the majority of sites wouldn't use it.

You got the real point!
(2012-01-21, 01:13 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-21, 04:08 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that ruins a forum in my opinion is this "VIP membership"... a board starts fine and everyone is happy, then the admin comes up with this VIP thing, and then all the privileges go to VIP members (support/themes/no ads/reputations/more PMs/username change/admin friendly..............)
Then the board becomes a business place...

I'd rather accept donations than privileging some members just because they have $$

Sorry for this introduction, my answer is "best suited as a plugin"

^This. I personally hate VIP memberships too.

And moreover, every new forum (with 0 posts and 0 topics) will enable the VIP membership. So, it would make every new MyBB forum look bad.
It should be a plugin and should be used by users who wish to use it.

I agree with this, if you will have a VIP membership, you should at least wait until your forum is highly active.

This will be bad for MyBB.
Much better as a plugin IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3