MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Major Site Problem Please Help ASAP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks very much i will pass this on because they are telling me they will look through the software for external links for me because they get this problem everyday :/

I have to admit i have had little faults in the past and when reported to them they problem has been resolved within minutes then i get a reply saying they have looked and the fault and nothing is wrong.

It is like they are fixing faults and instead of saying the fault was there they are just correcting it.
12 hours it was down through th night though, wasnt happy at all.
I have just told my host what you said about there being no external and his reply was "I would put my house and all my cars on there being an external component on there"

I am tonight getting this error message please help.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Query:
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache

I havnt done a thing just been out and come back in and it was like that.
(2012-01-24, 09:29 PM)Wirral.Talk Wrote: [ -> ]I am tonight getting this error message please help.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Query:
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache

I havnt done a thing just been out and come back in and it was like that.

Who is your host? They seem to be terrible. Your site is down for me right now, and that error is a server problem, not one of MyBB Smile The server is probably overloaded, and can't keep up with the number of requests, so is dropping your connection.
I have had a reply from my host saying it is not a server problem and they said

This looks to be the root cause of all issues, DBCACHE, is this a plugin on the site?

Is there a plugin called that do you know?
They also said: Your site is using more CPU then 4,524 domains collectively.

Firstly, I can't comment on DBCACHE, because I'm not entirely sure whether it is or is not used in mybb. My guess would be not.

However, if your host is hosting over 4,000 domains they might possibly be overselling. You might be better off with another host that doesn't try to put as many people on a server.
I have just had an email from my host saying:

Quote:HI

I have been working on this all day, I can resolve this issue for you, I see the comment, however please see my graph, this is not data I have fabricated, its real CPU load information from the cloud cluster 03 your using.

Moving the site will simply move the issue, to which will still require further review in the future, a lot of shared hosting providers would block a site for using this much CPU load.

I am 100% apologetic for the issues you have had here, however this is 100% relating to the CPU load the site is using.

We will assist you with your move else, this would be my plan:

1. Refund your total account fees paid to date (£52.80 inc VAT)

2. Move your account to cloud08 which has more CPU power then cloud03 your current cloud thus allowing for more room to debug this.

3. Put Brian onto your database, Brian is our MySQL database administrator to check for any legacy plug-in’s which might cause this

4. Put Rob onto your site code with trace enabled at level 1 which will debug all logs to isolate the CPU load and pin point what is causing it.

5. Once the above actions are complete, check back with you to confirm your happy and issues have been resolved.

Pleas let me know your thoughts around this; we really do work around the cloud to ensure all customers are happy, we never want to fall into the trend of most ISP’s; the call was simply to reassure you that we would put this effort in to locate the issue.

Kind Regards
Ok, so. Is your site only running mybb? I noticed there is a dbcache plugin for Wordpress Confused

Other than that, try disabling all plugins and let the forum run. Mybb shouldn't take up masses of CPU. Is your site exceptionally busy?
My website only runs mybb and it has been live for 3 months and 21 days and currently has 82 members and a lot of visitors through the day.

Im not sure, would you call that busy?
No Toungue well, I don't see why it should be using much CPU.

Do you have any plugins running?
I have to admit i do have a lot of plugins, but if it was them surely if it was them it would just sto the site from working full stop not off and on :s
Pages: 1 2 3