MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why is MyBB free?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-01-27, 01:50 AM)USAF Wrote: [ -> ]I think a template system should allow loops. It allows you to do more with a single template. like instead of having a forum display template, and a template for each row, you can just have one template with a loop in it.

Not when it results in hugely cluttered and confusing templates. Allowing them is one thing; using them to structure the entire theme is a bit much.
When I got round to the template system, I found that to be the strangest bit. They have a massive global template (which I ended up splitting into header, navigation, logo, content and footer anyway) for IP.Board which, for me, is odd - maybe for performance? I guess I'm just used to simple stuff. I do like the way they manage themes though.

IP.Content is in a different class. Totally overwhelms vBulletin's effort IMO. I'm very impressed with that. Haven't had chance to plug in Nexus yet.

(And that, really, is why MyBB is free - because everyone here wants you to have a great experience, forum software and support and not have to pay anything.)
Because the developers are awesome? ._.

I guess they make enough to survive through donations though, but that doesn't count as being paid because it's just people apprec....

Well you know what I mean.
(2012-01-27, 11:27 PM)Johnny Cash Wrote: [ -> ]...I guess they make enough to survive through donations though...

Donations do not go toward the team, instead, they are used toward the project (i.e, server costs, security audits, etc.)
(2012-01-28, 03:11 AM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-27, 11:27 PM)Johnny Cash Wrote: [ -> ]...I guess they make enough to survive through donations though...

Donations do not go toward the team, instead, they are used toward the project (i.e, server costs, security audits, etc.)

Don't forget about the whips for Tomm to keep everyone working Wink
Pages: 1 2 3