MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Security — MyBB Security & Support Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not to mention my password which was not simple - capitals, symbols - but wouldn't be accepted due to lack of a number.
(2012-02-08, 01:25 AM)BitzDefender Wrote: [ -> ]I also noticed when registering you forced people to use a "complex" password. I understand the reason for this, but it really is an annoying feature when people like me use simple passwords for forums I have not dedicated time into.
That is the least what you could expect from security forums.

It's not possible to specify how complex the password should be. It's the only real downside to it.
(2012-02-08, 06:16 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-08, 01:25 AM)BitzDefender Wrote: [ -> ]I also noticed when registering you forced people to use a "complex" password. I understand the reason for this, but it really is an annoying feature when people like me use simple passwords for forums I have not dedicated time into.
That is the least what you could expect from security forums.

This is what I meant when I said "I understand the reason for this," but forcing a complex password doesn't teach security or even enforce it. It just forces most people to create an entirely new password for one site they may hardly use.

Just my opinion on the subject.
(2012-02-08, 12:04 PM)BitzDefender Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I meant when I said "I understand the reason for this," but forcing a complex password doesn't teach security or even enforce it.
Sure it doesn't, but it is a step towards securing your forum and block a few potential spam regs.

Quote:It just forces most people to create an entirely new password for one site they may hardly use.
Actually, its good and very excellent practice to have different password for different sites.

Do not quote me on this though, am not trying to make an argument or strengthen my point, just stating the opinions. Wink

It's purely for security on the forum, it's nothing to do with the fact it's a forum which revolves around security.
I registered, looks good!
Pages: 1 2 3