MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site is really slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
@AlliedManiac: I assume you're talking about software such as LOIC?

MyBB is hosted by SoftLayer and I believe they are subscribed their DDoS mitigation service to try and stop such attacks which is why the site's still up.
LOIC doesn't work without 100's or 1000's of people doing it at once, no i meant use a botnet instead of a lonely exe program. Toungue

DDoS is not preventable if attacked by a professional or more than 1 person.

MyBB is probably being attacked by less than 10gbps.
Ah, I'm not exactly into all that kind of stuff Wink I was under the impression LOIC utilised a botnet to send requests and was basically a front-end for script kiddies to mount their attacks.

It's not preventable, sure, but the effects of most attacks can be mitigated with the right techniques.
LOIC is not connected to a botnet, it sends requests from your network and i will work on low protection sites with no protection on requests from 1 network.

All DDoS does is make a site offline by throttling traffic and the hosts network speeds.
Even the most protected sites can go down with enough bots or possibly server port speeds.

This site could easily get put offline, i think. If i make another 2 botnets will 3000 bots inside each.. i could make some sites vanish, but i don't do stuff like that now.. Wink
I notice this as well.
you type mybb.com in

10-12 seconds to load the home screen

you click community forums

another 10-12 seconds

then you login
10-12 seconds to load up(and an additional time to log in actually)

etc etc.

I like this community so i thin it says wonders that you have people that are that interested in trying to knock you guys down/offline Smile

But i have noticed my own site seems slow using the mybb software. Like not 10-12 seconds slow but like 5 seconds to load a page vs other sites i go are about 1-2 seconds. Unrelated i am sure but weird coincidence nonetheless
well it maybe your host problem? or the scrip you installed in forum may also slow your forum.. maybe you can use cloudflare..try it
I'd like to see this site use CloudFlare because it's awesome and it would really help things tremendously. But I doubt they're going to Sad
considering Cloudflare use custom nginx (what this forum is using) also changing to cloudflare would not give them DDoS protection (probably) considerng they're getting attacked right now.
CloudFlare will handle up to a certain level of attack, but they'll end up routing the traffic directly if the attacks are large.

As I've stated plenty of times before, just be patient and Chris will get around to it when he can.
You know after he stopped ONE attack.. they will just try again?

Cloudflare will barely handle a 100mbit DDoS.. litespeed is good and very fast at mybb loading but seems to good to be true when they have a free version which is fast.. very strange and strange how not many people have it.
Pages: 1 2 3