MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site is really slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The reason not many people use litespeed is because it's not opensource. While yes it does offer it advantages it also adds to costs. Although more and more shared hosts are using it now since it means they can usually fit more people on one server (thus covering the cost).

And, while yes there is a free version it only allows a 150 connections. Which means a very large site will have to get the paid version. And, you don't get all the advantages in the free version either which makes free options like nginx and the other one I can't remember right now more popular options.
hmmm, i bet half of the people find it nulled or some dumb method to get it..

so what webserver do you recommend with speed and security WITH free of cost?

bare in mind, apache i am using now is fast but it seems to be the most unsecure.
If Apache wasn't secure millions of websites wouldn't use it. You barely need to do anything to secure it. As vanilla it's pretty secure.

A few tweaks of httpd.conf, install and configure mod_security, keep updated to the latest stable release and you're fine.
oh, how do i check if im updated etc.. i have CSF firewall if that helps Smile
Are you on a dedicated server or VPS? Also, how did you install Apache. You could always check your repos if you installed using yum:

yum check-update && yum update -y
My host installed everything but never touched settings.

I am on a VPS which i run from a dedicated server i have.. but the vps is what needs protecting right now..
If it's running a distribution with yum (CentOS, RHEL etc) then you can try the above using yum. Failing that, download and compile the latest version of Apache. I'd also do the same for PHP if I were you - the latest version is 5.3.10 and they recently fixed the hash DOS issue (I believe it was fixed in 5.3.9?)
Pages: 1 2 3