MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wild card to list members with signature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to create a view in Users & Groups that will show a list of members who have text in their signature. Is there a wild card I can use that represents any text? Thank you for your help.
Just tick the is not empty checkbox.
Hi Alan,
Here’s what I’ve done:

Users & Groups > Views, Manage Views > Create New View tab. In title field I put Signature Text. In “Fields to Show” I drag Username to left column to enable. I also select “Registered” for group.

I do not see a “is not empty” tick box, what section of Create New View is it located in?

In the section “Find users where...” there is a field for “Signature contains”, I assumed I needed a wild card to put in that field.
What version of MyBB are you running? That was added in 1.6.5 I believe.
(2012-02-22, 02:32 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]What version of MyBB are you running? That was added in 1.6.5 I believe.

My bad, I should have said 1.6.3

You should really upgrade to 1.6.6 as soon as possible, there are many bug fixes, security updates and new features added since 1.6.3
(2012-02-22, 04:35 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]You should really upgrade to 1.6.6 as soon as possible, there are many bug fixes, security updates and new features added since 1.6.3

I have avoided upgrading because it sounds difficult and I fear I might accidentally trash my forum. Thank you for your help.
Edit: Removed solution to OP. Thread taken OT. Solution to OP was apparently a distraction.
(2012-02-22, 05:26 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-22, 04:35 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]You should really upgrade to 1.6.6 as soon as possible, there are many bug fixes, security updates and new features added since 1.6.3

I have avoided upgrading because it sounds difficult and I fear I might accidentally trash my forum. Thank you for your help.

If this is still the case, you should upgrade asap. There have been 25+ vulnerabilities fixed since the 1.6.3 release.
Upgrading is really not hard, man Smile
Pages: 1 2