MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow supermods to use ban function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to see this as an option in the future that can be put in the groups permissions. Just a thought Smile
I think banning is an administrative responsibility, which is different from moderation.
I agree with peter, well.... I am not sure if MyBB already allows this or not, but super moderators should have the privileges to temporary ban a user or temporarily take away a user's posting privileges.
Peter Wrote:I think banning is an administrative responsibility, which is different from moderation.

I think I don't want anyone but me in the admin area. Period!! It keeps my forum safe. Plus I dont have the time to babysit all day long. Mods should have that ability.
Peter Wrote:I think banning is an administrative responsibility, which is different from moderation.

Completely dis-agree with that 100%. If it's added as a option it would give you the choice to allow it or dis-allow it, making everyone happy Smile
I agree with hemi. Most boards have one admin. That admin has to go off line at some time. If the board gets raided in that time it would be useful if some of the staff had the ability to ban.
Asad_Niazi Wrote:super moderators should have the privileges to temporary ban a user or temporarily take away a user's posting privileges.
I agree with that aswell
In this day and age of forum spamming it's important for staff to be able to ban quickly.

I use the warning system hack and it does the job.
MiNT Wrote:I agree with hemi. Most boards have one admin. That admin has to go off line at some time. If the board gets raided in that time it would be useful if some of the staff had the ability to ban.
Asad_Niazi Wrote:super moderators should have the privileges to temporary ban a user or temporarily take away a user's posting privileges.
I agree with that aswell
Yup, good idea.
If there is the ability to ban, it would definitely be a permission (be it a moderator, super moderator, or administrative permission)
I like the idea of mods being able to put people on mod-preview (I really want that feature!) where all of that user's new posts have to be reviewed by a mod before they become visible. However, I think only admin should have the rights to permanantly ban a user.
Pages: 1 2