MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dot.tk is a scam?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-03-08, 05:02 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-08, 04:44 PM)mysql_error() Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-08, 04:23 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-08, 12:49 PM)mysql_error() Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-08, 12:32 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's your own fault for not reading their Terms and Conditions. You may argue that no one actually reads them before signing up but again that's their own fault.

Does it say that they intend to take your domain once it's able to turn a profit?

It says that at any time they can cancel your service for any reason.

Quote:Who actually governs dot.tk's terms of service to see if it's actually fair and legal?

Well ICANN, and the government of Tokelau. ICANN let's CCTLD's do what they wish. This is their wish, and hey, look.

Quote:There are so many reasons why this is a scam just because they wrote it's their domain on a piece of paper doesn't make what they're doing any more legal or fair.

Oh? So you being lazy makes something a scam? It's completely legal. You signed a legal document, agreeing to their terms and agreements.

Actually your write. It is illegal. You didn't read the Terms and Conditions, and you said you did. You are in violation of contract law, nullifying the contract. Therefore, even if you paid them, they could retract it. Because you didn't read.

eh Huh
Rolleyes
Quote:1st this is not about me I've never owned a .tk domain and never will do so lets not make this personal.

Then why are you arguing for it?

Quote:2nd this is where it's completely wrong if you go to 11.5 it says they may provide you with an option to upgrade if they decide to modify or cancel a domain. They don't provide this service at all.

They have a different TOS for paid and free. They can't revoke paid domains unless you violent your contract with them.

Quote:I don't even understand why you guys are arguing their case. Their clearly abusing their TOS and lack of laws to profit from other peoples work. A lot of innocent site owners are being punished for no good reason. You lot should be up in arms ready to fight for the people who've lost popular sites.

No, people are just being stupid and are not reading contracts they are signing. If you want a domain, or anything to do like one, buy it. Don't use a free service.

I bet you don't read 99% of the contracts you sign. In fact I don't think most people should need to.

These pre-made policies are legally allowing companies to steal, deface and ruin some of the most creative works online and no wonder considering the attitude you lot have towards them.

I have shown my side of the argument I'm pretty sure I won.

Oh before I leave let me leave you with a little message. Do not use personal attacks in an argument. See I could call you a stupid Canadian kid who sits on his arse all day everyday complaining. That would get me no where though would it?
Ok, this thread is done.

Dot.tk is not a scam, the say clearly that free domains belong to them and they can do whatever they want with them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4