MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pokémon Talk - A Pokémon Forum | Officially Launched! | Custom Theme | Register Now!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
... Nevermind, I'll only be repeating myself.
I'm torn on this one. I would never down right refuse to take donations because it's their money and they can do as they please, and everyone knows every little helps. But the header announcement on your forum had "We now accept donations", as if they should be saying "Finally, thank you so much for allowing me to donate", that's downright ridiculous in my opinion.

Advertising donations isn't the way to go. In my opinion, unless you're offering a upgraded group or features, then you shouldn't really have an option for users to just donate, they have to ask you, the owner - if they can. As weBex says, having that option right there in front of you in the toplinks is you basically asking for it, or advertising it.

That's why I have removed it.
(2012-03-31, 01:28 AM)Sync™ Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I have removed it.

But you're missing his second point:

(2012-03-31, 01:21 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Advertising donations isn't the way to go. In my opinion, unless you're offering a upgraded group or features, then you shouldn't really have an option for users to just donate, they have to ask you, the owner - if they can. As weBex says, having that option right there in front of you in the toplinks is you basically asking for it, or advertising it.

The option meaning, your donation plugin.
Someone asking would be someone PMing you for your Paypal address so they can donate to you. It's not labeled ANYWHERE on the forum may it be FAQ or a thread that you accept donations.
I have disabled it aswell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7