MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: willing to pay 10$-20$
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seeking experienced web development professionals to design and implement an advanced communications platform. Responsibilities include: working on a diverse team with both local and remote members, utilizing the latest technologies to produce efficient - scalable solutions, working with both front-end user experience and back-end implementation. Candidate must be experienced with OOP PHP 5.3.8, MVC Design Methodology, SQL, and JavaScript (JQuery). Experience with social network APIs, revision control systems, and scaling technologies (memcached, hadoop, etc) are a plus.

Requirements -
Advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Programming principles and PHP 5.3.8
MVC Design Methodology
Experienced using Linux/Unix, Apache
MySQL
Javascript
CSS/HTML
AJAX

Preferred Experience -
MVC Design Framework Expirence
Objective-C
Revision Control Systems
Android, iOS development
Scaling Technologies - memcached, hadoop, etc.

Please have adequate knowledge of the skills listed above.

$10? You're going to need to increase your budget for what you're asking for...
(2012-03-16, 11:09 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]$10? You're going to need to increase your budget for what you're asking for...

20$
or 15$
An Hour? It sounds like your asking for a full time developer for a huge project.
(2012-03-16, 11:17 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]An Hour? It sounds like your asking for a full time developer for a huge project.

no all i want is the site made
Projects like that are usually a few hundred dollars. No one will do what you're asking for $20.
(2012-03-16, 11:23 PM)c02modz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-16, 11:17 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]An Hour? It sounds like your asking for a full time developer for a huge project.

no all i want is the site made

A site that requires objective C, android and ios apps isn't the easiest project in the world...
>professionals
>$10-$20

you almost had me there op
I've almost no "professional" experience, and I know just from local Craigslist postings with similar requirements that this is the kind of thing that pays $10-$15 an hour, not $10-$15 total. Your options for seeking true quality is either severely reign in the feature list, severely increase your budget, or a modest amount of both.

The only excuse I can think of is if most of it's done and you want someone to get it set up for you and that's it. Even then, $20 is pushing the lower bounds most reasonably adequate people are willing to work for.
$10-$15 an hour will only buy you a very poor college student in India.

This is because of the taxes associated with freelancing work, about 30% of your pay, or a hefty $2,500 fine if the tax bureau finds out - and they often do, especially for larger projects. Don't forget the costs associated with drawing up some kind of a contract that protects the programmer from getting completely ripped off, or even sued, and vice versa for the client; lawyers aren't cheap.

Bottom line: $10-$20 total is insulting : it's like offering to buy a car with a Snickers Candy Bar. If you're looking for a real developer, you're going to need to up the ante and consider expanding your ad to freelancing sites.
Pages: 1 2