MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CycleBoards.net - The new cycling community!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there, I'm Invent the owner of CycleBoards.net

This forum is dedicated to those who like to go out on bike rides, enjoy riding bikes or just want to chat about them. We also have a questions section in case you want to find out a bit about a certain bike or ask what bike to get.

The VIP lounge includes eBooks on making money etc so you can save up for your new bike. The niche we're using isn't particularly overcrowded so we hope you can make new room for a new forum.

We're going to get a new banner and some new user group titles, but for now we're just going to stick with these for today only.

We also are using the default myBB theme as we think it goes well as its clean and light and it also has a nice feel to it.

What are you waiting for? Judge for yourself at;
http://cycleboards.net

Thanks for reading,
Invent

EDIT:
Added donation perks.
Turned off the advertisement header until we gain more publicity.
You need a better theme, right now it looks like it was created quickly.

Pros:
-Division is logical

Cons:
-MyBB Default Theme, it seems drab when compared with other forums; get a new one.
-Nothing really explaining what donators get on the site;
-Default Help Docs;
-Doesn't pass "cover-up test" (I can't tell easily what the forum is about by covering up the logo);
-No content, it needs that to take off;
-The Advertisement image is pretty ugly. However, if you're advertising, I'd suggest using AdSense or (I really like) ProjectWonderful.;

Overall, it doesn't look that great. You need something to attract users. I'd give it a 3/10 at the moment.
I'll remove that advertisement, and I'll just edit the myBB theme a bit, I just like the style of it personally.

I'll get round to the help docs and the donator perks right now.

Thanks for the criticism, and I am looking for it to take off; but yet we've had 100 hits and 0 registered.
I registered Smile.

I'm not a fan of the forum icons though.
Thank you JordanSmile
Is there any specific ones you like?
(2012-03-25, 02:50 PM)Close Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you JordanSmile
Is there any specific ones you like?

My name is Jason.
Sorry, I misread your name on the forum haha. Apologies for that!
How does the default them go well with your needs other then being lazy?

Why is the width set to 73%?

Wheres your content?

Because I like it? Doesn't mean I'm lazy at all?
Because I clearly like it at 73% haha, and I have no content yet because as said; new forum.
Really like the custom icons. They are so cute and well placed. You need to work on the theme though, this is such a nice niche, you can come up with an outstanding design for it.
Pages: 1 2