MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: nekng's first mod?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so recently I’ve been trying to learn php and I think that I’m going and try and make my first mod. I have 3 ideas and I would like to know which mod people would like most. My ideas are:

1.Shop Mod- this mod would be allot like the one that Massacre created but never released. There would be NO admin cp options and it would be a lot of work to install/customize. There would be 2 things that you could buy to start with, you could either buy a custom user title or you could changer your user name. If this mod goes well then I might add options to customize the way that usernames display.

2.Forum Buddy- this mod would integrate Microsoft Agent in to your forum (Wikipedia has a good article about it). It would add a "Forum Buddy" that would help your guests navigate your Forum’s pages. However this would only work in IE, and if a guests has XP then they will need to install a patch. This problem is fixed in Vista. I'm also not sure about weather or not this works on Macs, but as far as I know there is no other forum software with a mod like this, so if I made this mod it would be a mybb only feature.

3.**Profile Comments**- this mod would allow users to comment on other users profiles. It would also add the number of comments that have been made on a user in there post bit. If I make the profile comments mod then I’ll make a profile layout chooser after, it would give the user the abilty to chose a layout for there profile and "decorate" it with there own images. (*This is the mod that I'm going to make*)
1. I've always hated those kind of Shops Mods, I've seen them get abused so many times, it's not even funny.

2. But, many people have switched to Firefox or Opera, so this would be basically be pointless, IMO.

3. I like this one, you should do this. Smile
nekng Wrote:3.Profile Comments- this mod would allow users to comment on other users profiles. It would also add the number of comments that have been made on a user in there post bit.
Wouldn't that be like the reputation system? Just without the +/- rates. I don't see the need for it...
No... it'd be like Wiki's User Talk page.

a.k.a. User Notes in vBulletin. Smile
CraKteR Wrote:
nekng Wrote:3.Profile Comments- this mod would allow users to comment on other users profiles. It would also add the number of comments that have been made on a user in there post bit.
Wouldn't that be like the reputation system? Just without the +/- rates. I don't see the need for it...

Sounds the same to me, except missing the rep points Toungue
FirefoxWiz Wrote:
CraKteR Wrote:

Sounds the same to me, except missing the rep points Toungue

it would be a little bit like a repuation system, however it will be displayed more like a thread is displayed and you'll be able to have disscutions about the user there
Which is what I said. Toungue

I'd like to see that one made, a lot, I'd probably use it. Smile
that sounds great!!
3 is exellent!
wow, it sounds like a lot of people want the profile comments mod, I thought that every one would want the shop mod. I think that if I make the profile comments mod then I’ll make a profile layout chooser first, it would give the user an option to chose a layout for there profile and "decorate" it with there own images.
Pages: 1 2