MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pokémon Talk - Pokemon Forum | Active & Friendly Community | Register Now!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I read this there:

Quote:Chuck Cochems has put forth the argument that copying a legitimate item of software specifically for personal use with an emulator is legally justifiable under principles established by the Sony v. Universal ruling, particularly with regard to personal use being favorable towards justification under the fair use doctrine.[6]

So must be one of those things that you might win in court, and might not depending on the judge. Fair Use policy seems to say that as long as you purchased it and don't redistribute, you're allowed to do whatever with it.
Erm, citing someone's post here with no facts behind it is not really anything ...

I don't care if you talk about ROMs, or use them (everyone uses them, me too), but can we at least acknowledge the facts that this is at best a legal grey area and in many nations, completely illegal?
But that's kind of the point, is he not allowed to have a section for ROM hacking at his site? Like we seem to agree, it's a grey area, but Fair Use seems to imply he can have the section as long as he isn't distributing any .ROM files (I know for sure Pokecommunity hasn't received any cease and desists over it, and they're only famous due to a ROM hack, Pokemon Shiny Gold), so I personally think he should be allowed to have a section for it on his forums. Just because re-engineering would be a more appropriate work for what goes on in ROM hacking.
(2012-05-09, 12:49 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]But that's kind of the point, is he not allowed to have a section for ROM hacking at his site? Like we seem to agree, it's a grey area, but Fair Use seems to imply he can have the section as long as he isn't distributing any .ROM files (I know for sure Pokecommunity hasn't received any cease and desists over it, and they're only famous due to a ROM hack, Pokemon Shiny Gold), so I personally think he should be allowed to have a section for it on his forums. Just because re-engineering would be a more appropriate work for what goes on in ROM hacking.

This.

Anyways, the Pokemon Forum needs some new trainers.

So feel free to join and start your very own pokemon adventure. Aswell as be a part on the Pokemon Talk!
I like the theme. I'm a sucker for red and black.
(2012-06-06, 01:07 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]never trust a man with a ™ in his username

Why do you say that? And please, avoid off-topic.

(2012-06-06, 02:03 PM)monacelli Wrote: [ -> ]I like the theme. I'm a sucker for red and black.

Glad that you like our theme. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3