MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wizard Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WizardForums.com is a community board focused on intellectual discussion, debating, and information sharing, regarding both scientific and occult related subjects.
You can check it here:
http://wizardforums.com

The forum was launched on 27th of January this year, and has had an incredible success in such amount of time. In the 2 months of its life, it reached 27,307 posts in 2,332 threads, and 1243 members registered (of whom only 26.39% have posted though). We use the Apart 1 theme by Justin, which although it's not the most unique, it's probably the best MyBB theme ever made imho.

Feel free to join if you find it to your liking.

Also, any suggestions and feedback are welcome, both good and bad. I try my best leading that site, and I'm always looking for ways to improve it.
Thanks.
bump.
I'd like to announce that Wizard Forums has recently reached 40,000 posts in over 3,000 threads.
It's been a while since I've seen you Crow, though I don't remember if you remember me - (trilobyte- from HF). Great site, looks like you've got a lot of interested members keeping contented fresh - which is always a great sign. Toungue Good luck.
Very nice forum Crow, I myself am a member thereSmile

Also we have to tell the admin (Crow) doesn't act childish and arrogant like other people we know from leader positions on HF.

Great community!
Very Mature forum, it's great to be there. I'm a member, and enjoy it.
(2012-04-24, 11:18 AM)Niggidea Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice forum Crow, I myself am a member thereSmile

Also we have to tell the admin (Crow) doesn't act childish and arrogant like other people we know from leader positions on HF.

Great community!

No need to bag out other administrators which are on this forum as well...

OT: Good site, needs a new theme for sure though.
This is a perfect example that you don't need a super snazzy theme to make a great site. Content is king.
In my opinion you need to concentrate on good content. 12.5k of your posts are lounge posts and most of them are forum games. Nice though, good luck.
Is there a lot of forums that come off of HF? It seems that way to me, sorry not really into that community except for when I have to. Pretty active, is it just about random things? Because that is what it looks like to me.
(2012-04-24, 01:28 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]This is a perfect example that you don't need a super snazzy theme to make a great site. Content is king.
Exactly. All the theme needs to provide is functionality and neatness.

(2012-04-24, 11:15 AM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]It's been a while since I've seen you Crow, though I don't remember if you remember me - (trilobyte- from HF). Great site, looks like you've got a lot of interested members keeping contented fresh - which is always a great sign. Toungue Good luck.
Of course I remember you, I recognized your avatar (I have you on fb, remember?). And thanks.

(2012-04-24, 06:28 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a lot of forums that come off of HF? It seems that way to me, sorry not really into that community except for when I have to. Pretty active, is it just about random things? Because that is what it looks like to me.
Its main purpose is "wisdom sharing", and it focuses mostly on occult, philosophy/psychology and science. So the Occult & Scientific Discussion categories pretty much sum up the forum's main theme. The rest of it are offtopic stuff members like to discuss.

(2012-04-24, 02:37 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion you need to concentrate on good content. 12.5k of your posts are lounge posts and most of them are forum games. Nice though, good luck.
Yeah, I do everything I can to increase good content. I can't cut off the offtopic, as it helps members socializing better, so it grows faster than the on topic content.
Pages: 1 2