MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [preview] Candy theme - the most delicious theme for mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just had a look, and it seems a bit... useless for the forums to be sortable if they just return to their previous spot when you refresh the page. Same goes for sidebar and collapse.

Also category descriptions are illegible. Thead color should match the forum header color imo. The moving icon beside register when you hover it, well, just doesn't work I don't think. Lastly I think your footer is very simple and empty looking. On, and the text in the footer being wider than the rest of the layout looks weird. xD

Other than that, nice job with this.
Great work pixel !
Bugs:

[Image: 1336209302-clip-8kb.jpg]

[Image: 1336209404-clip-38kb.jpg]

[Image: 1336209488-clip-33kb.jpg]

[Image: 1336209648-clip-53kb.jpg]

Right sidebar after collapsing appears again after page reload.
let's talk with the sequence of images

1 : i don't see that on my end
2 : it's not a bug actually. what makes you think so?
3 : will be fixed
4 : I'm totally confused by what you mean by 'swapping them' they work as they should. no bug
5 : That one is know bug and will be fixed in later version with cookies

the botttomline is, only one of them is somewhat a bug.
remember, everything that doesn't look good(to you) is not necessarily a bug

(2012-04-22, 10:12 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Just had a look, and it seems a bit... useless for the forums to be sortable if they just return to their previous spot when you refresh the page. Same goes for sidebar and collapse.
cookies will implemented on next version

Quote:The moving icon beside register when you hover it, well, just doesn't work I don't think.
has been fixed.

Quote:On, and the text in the footer being wider than the rest of the layout looks weird. xD
no everything has to look 'uniform' xP
Tushar, just FYI sharing, I was implementing floating of boxes and other tabs with cookies as well some days ago testing a theme. They worked fine with cookies and storing them but that leads to bug with other js part of index pages (and wherever used elsewhere) like login, forum collapse/expand.

That ready-made piece of cookie also did not worked fine and I had to modify it and even after modifying it immensely, it leads to above mentioned bugs.

Just let me know if you find a fix or need the cookie code that I found. Also, lmk if you find a fix for that, it bugged me for full 4 days, lol, and then I gave up the cookie thing.
(2012-05-05, 11:31 AM)pixelmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]let's talk with the sequence of images

1 : i don't see that on my end

Then your theme not compatible with old browsers.

Quote:2 : it's not a bug actually. what makes you think so?

It's looks unnatural.

Quote:4 : I'm totally confused by what you mean by 'swapping them' they work as they should. no bug

Yes, it's not bug. I mean when I open user's profile, the first thing I usually want to see is personal info (about\bio\etc), not post counters, statistics etc... - after all I can see this info in postbit. So I suggest to place it in first tab. That's all.
(2012-05-05, 12:11 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Tushar, just FYI sharing, I was implementing floating of boxes and other tabs with cookies as well some days ago testing a theme. They worked fine with cookies and storing them but that leads to bug with other js part of index pages (and wherever used elsewhere) like login, forum collapse/expand.

That ready-made piece of cookie also did not worked fine and I had to modify it and even after modifying it immensely, it leads to above mentioned bugs.

Just let me know if you find a fix or need the cookie code that I found. Also, lmk if you find a fix for that, it bugged me for full 4 days, lol, and then I gave up the cookie thing.

It's most probably the jquery and prototype conflict. try using jQuery instead of $ in your jquery code. And don't forget to put
jQuery.noConflict();

(2012-05-05, 01:22 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:2 : it's not a bug actually. what makes you think so?

It's looks unnatural.

Quote:4 : I'm totally confused by what you mean by 'swapping them' they work as they should. no bug

Yes, it's not bug. I mean when I open user's profile, the first thing I usually want to see is personal info (about\bio\etc), not post counters, statistics etc... - after all I can see this info in postbit. So I suggest to place it in first tab. That's all.

You should not flag them as bug in that case. (like you did in your last post)
Tushar, that is not an issue, already no.Conflict was done and the bugged code includes no.Conflict as well.
(2012-05-05, 01:43 PM)pixelmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]You should not flag them as bug in that case. (like you did in your last post)

O.K. it's disadvantages.
Do enlighten me on where your inspiration for this theme came from? It's really nice.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5