MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pre-Modded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well if he wrote the modifications himself, he wouldn't have to ask for mod authors permission. But the first stage is to go through Chris.
Jeff Wrote:Well if he wrote the modifications himself, he wouldn't have to ask for mod authors permission. But the first stage is to go through Chris.
Technically he'd have to ask himself for permission Toungue
phenetic Wrote:I was thinking of releasing a pre-modded MyBB forum, but i wanted to know what mods people wanted, or if there was already one out.

Go for it - due to the MyBB license changes for 1.2 you can create redistributable copies of MyBB now.
Any updates? I'm also planning to do a pre-modded version but that would be useless if phenetic does one, too.
Just what exactly does "pre-modded" mean with MyBB? Most mods are plugins anyway. So does this just mean distributing MyBB with certain plugins already in the download package?
My idea was to include the plugins into the code so they become a fixed part of the software, to attune them to each other and maybe write some own enhancements. So you get a clean and accurate software.
You would have to get permission from the plug-ins writers as well then.
Ok, I'd like to do it if you guys don't mind. I'll add a page during installation to select which ones you want to keep or not. I was wondering if I should distribute language packs too.

Galen Wrote:Just what exactly does "pre-modded" mean with MyBB? Most mods are plugins anyway. So does this just mean distributing MyBB with certain plugins already in the download package?

Yep.
Quote:You would have to get permission from the plug-ins writers as well then.
Sure.
@tikitiki: I would make a little bit more (see my last posts) but I have to know what phenetic is doing or we will have two premodded versions and that is not very usefull.
I personally wouldn't use MyBB with mods already embedded, but it could be useful for others.
Pages: 1 2 3