MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pre-Modded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I personally wouldn't use it either, since the plugin system makes adding mods so easy. For something like phpBB, where the mods are time-consuming and require changes to the core files, I could see a pre-modded version being useful. But, hey, to each his own. I have no doubt that there will be plenty of people who'd enjoy having a pre-modded MyBB and even though I wouldn't personally use it, I do think it's a nice idea for a mod.
Mybb isn't phpbb. Chris does a good job of updating the original package without having a "fork". Mods are plugins anyways so what good would a pre-modded package be. It would be more useful if some of the older mods were written in pure plugin form in order to have the most simplistic of usage. There is nothing I can't stand more than a mod with a core file change. It's useless.

As for the entire idea of a premodded fork version of mybb. BAD IDEA PERIOD.
labrocca, we all have our own opinions.... Not sure why you have trouble with that. Some people may feel its useful, some may not. WHO CARES! Those who want it can. Those who don't want it don't have to.
Quote: There is nothing I can't stand more than a mod with a core file change. It's useless.

And what if you save lots and lots of resources by writing it as a hard-coded modification instead of a plugin? Does that counts Toungue ? It's not useless!
labrocca Wrote:Chris does a good job of updating the original package without having a "fork".
*cough* and the others *cough*
ACHOO. Sorry, I'm alergic this time of year.
Anyway, I'll try this if phenetic doesn't answer my mail within one day. Of course a premodded phpBB is more usefull than a premodded MyBB. But a few plugins need to change the code of some files and you have at least to change the file permissions so this isn't completely useless and we'll do a few other changes that might be usefull.
MarkusK Wrote:Anyway, I'll try this if phenetic doesn't answer my mail within one day. Of course a premodded phpBB is more usefull than a premodded MyBB. But a few plugins need to change the code of some files and you have at least to change the file permissions so this isn't completely useless and we'll do a few other changes that might be usefull.

If your gonna do it can i work on it with you then? I've already downloaded all the themes / plugins I've gotton permission from.
Pages: 1 2 3