MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No spoilers seem to work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Really dont know what it is, but only thing i do know its not the fault of the plugin. Has anybody tried to simply grab a bar MyBB and only install spoilerBB ? On a local server or something. Simply start adding plugings after that i would say. The moment you install one and it breaks you have found the cause.

My idea would be its one of teh custom code/ auto mycode helper etc. that could very well be causing it.
Well, I did try that. I have it running on my localhost which is a direct copy of my board. I also have it running on another test board on the same server. ALL of them are running 1.6.7. and it works on the other two boards. I am now going through ALL my templates checking for any kind of errors - I already found two script errors.

I need to update XThreads - its the only thing left that isn't a match. But I think it won't be that.
I grabbed the default MyCode for people who dont want to use a plugin:

<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle"><b>Spoiler:</b> 
<input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';        this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" />
</div><div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">testing testing</div></div></div>
(linked by somebody on the first page)

And this one also works. As you said it only doesnt work on your main forum there is definately some plugin messing with spoiler BB. And since its changing something with javascript inserting values in there that should not be there. The source really needs to be found.

Since this would affect more plugins.
Yes, I am very concerned about it. I ran a security check on the templates - all seems ok, and the correct permissions SEEM to be set, the directories are all showing as writable. EVERY spoiler plugin or mycode I try to use is getting that daft error, but each one in a different place.
Could you try the following:

Enable HTML in one of your forum's insert the above code and check what happens.

[Image: testing.jpg]
Not good.

The word javascript won't write.

[attachment=26081]

The top one is the broken mycode

the chicken is wrapped in strong to be sure HTML is turned on

The other two are not forming.

Sad
I havnt tried it out on my forum, let me try it purely HTML code based.

Same problem, think javascript is not allowed in post then ah well. As long as it works in a simple html file (i tried it with notepad++ and in chrome) then it works well. But doing it directly apparently is not allowed in MyBB post.

Then the only option still remains is simply go from a fresh MyBB and start enabling plugins untill it breaks.
Ok, I will do that on the local host. I can't access my FTP right now, so I cannot upgrade the board XThreads version.

Thank you for all your effort trying to help me, it is much appreciated.
(2012-04-20, 05:09 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I will do that on the local host. I can't access my FTP right now, so I cannot upgrade the board XThreads version.

Thank you for all your effort trying to help me, it is much appreciated.

No worries, hopefully you find out which plugin it is that is causing the problems. And just since im now curious myself when you find out which one it is please tell.
(2012-04-20, 04:48 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It is happening on ALL types of spoiler I have tried.

Here is my plugin list (it's at times like these when you need a spoiler tag Wink ):

Auto Unapprove Reported Posts (1.1)
Latest Downloads Stats on UserCP (1.1)
Cool Codes (1.24)
BBCode in Custom Profile Fields (1.0)
Creatorlink (1.1)
Custom Status (1.7)
Default Profile (2.1.0)
Latest Uploads Stats on UserCP (1.2)
Fresh Fish Attachments Gallery (1.1)
Game Section (1.2)
Gravatar (0.1)
Hide Sigs and Website of New Users (1.1)
Leesester's Graphs (1.0)
A plugin to display download information for Leefish
Forum Promotions (1.0)
Forum Name In Portal Announcement (1.0)
Format Name And Avatar In Thread List - XThreads Plugin (1.1)
Latest Or Random Images In Profile (1.0)
Display latest or random images in profile
Moderator notifications (1.5)
MyBBpublisher (1.7)
MyCodes Pack (1.0)
MyNetwork (1.1.2)
MyTracker (1.02)
Page Manager (1.5.2)
PHP and Template Conditionals (1.9)
Portal Pagination (1.0)
Portal Announcement Cut Off. (1.0)
Profile Comments (0.6.0)
Quick Theme! (1.1.2)
Registration Security Question (1.1)
RSS To Post (1.2.2)
SEO Titles (1.5)
Shadowbox.js (1.5)
Referral in Profile (1.1)
Spamalyser (0.92)
Thread Tooltip Preview (1.32)
Unapproved Threads (1.1)
View Unread Posts (2.6)
vB Style Quotes (1.13)
WhoIsInAjaxChat (0.4)
Wiki (Beta 3)
XThreads v1.47
XThreads Link Directory (1.0) 

Just looked at your plugin list. Seeing as we have the same problem, I thought I'd compare which plugins we both had; maybe one of them is causing the problem.

Custom Status
Game Station
Page manager

I have a funny feeling it's the Custom Status plugin that's causing the problem, since that's around the time my spoilers stopped working.

I'll disable and uninstall the plugin and report back.

Edit: Still no luck. Sad Getting annoying now...
Edit 2: Did the same to the Game Section plugin. Still won't open. Sad
Edit 3: And the last hope... the page manager. Still nothing :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 4