MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No spoilers seem to work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi Stan - I still have not solved this problem - what is odd is that it happened AFTER I upgraded to 1.6.7. I had added NO plugins and the only change was the upgrade. I jumped straight from 1.6.3 to 1.6.7.

But here is the odd; I have another board on the same server - same plugin list - and that was upgraded in steps (1.6.3 > 1.6.4 > 1.6.5 > 1.6.6 > 1.6.7) and the spoiler tags work. Same for my localhost install of 1.6.7 from scratch. Did you upgrade in a big jump, or did you upgrade in steps?
(2012-04-28, 11:39 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Stan - I still have not solved this problem - what is odd is that it happened AFTER I upgraded to 1.6.7. I had added NO plugins and the only change was the upgrade. I jumped straight from 1.6.3 to 1.6.7.

But here is the odd; I have another board on the same server - same plugin list - and that was upgraded in steps (1.6.3 > 1.6.4 > 1.6.5 > 1.6.6 > 1.6.7) and the spoiler tags work. Same for my localhost install of 1.6.7 from scratch. Did you upgrade in a big jump, or did you upgrade in steps?

I have never upgraded. I started my forum on 1.6.5 and haven't upgraded since, or before that. I'm really confused as to why we even have this problem in the first place...

I really am considering moving to another forum software because of the spoiler problem. My users are constantly complaining about it and I've been stuck with the issue for a while with no clue why it arose in the first place.
I have to admit, it is driving me mad. However, as it does not appear to be a common issue we have to assume it is SOMETHING in our setups which is causing it. Something is making the " symbol turn into &quot. But what? It has to be a parser of some kind.
(2012-05-03, 07:41 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I have to admit, it is driving me mad. However, as it does not appear to be a common issue we have to assume it is SOMETHING in our setups which is causing it. Something is making the " symbol turn into &quot. But what? It has to be a parser of some kind.

I am now also having the same problem with a 'rezise image' plugin that uses javascript, and my ads also don't show anymore... could these be linked? :/

If someone could tell me where the coding is to make sure the javascript code is correct or something, that would be great?
FIXED IT (hallelujah)

In board settings posting I set these two options as so:

Number of Characters before Word Wrapping Occurs

Maximum Nested Quote Tags

YAY
(2012-05-09, 07:06 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]FIXED IT (hallelujah)

In board settings posting I set these two options as so:

Number of Characters before Word Wrapping Occurs

Maximum Nested Quote Tags

YAY

This worked! Thank you so so much! At last Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4