MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which one should I choose? phpBB and myBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why do you need to have XHTML ?
(2012-05-05, 10:22 PM)error Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my dilemma, PhpBB uses xhtml Strict. For that very reason, I want to stay with PhpBB. Now, please give me the reasons why thats not important. I have been told that xhtml strict is faster for one reason. That's my main reason for not switching. Any other reasons? I just can't get over the fact it is xhtml strict. Maybe reason 2 is that it's "tableless" too? Any others?

IF you know HTML and CSS you can achieve this with mybb as well. Neither of those are real advantages.
(2012-04-20, 04:26 PM)Aniruddh Wrote: [ -> ]What I say is, you use phpBB for some time, and then switch to MyBB, and then ask the input of your users - whether they like phpBB more or MyBB more.

Problem with this is they're likely to be biased towards the first one you use because they'll be more used to it. Unless of course there is something amazing that they notice in the second one.
I like mybb a lot more you would be better off posting this on a forum that's not for mybb or phpbb though because here I think most people will like mybb.
Inferior quality which doesn't even heard of ajax with manual code edits, or a superior opensource product with better development cycles, keeps up with the latest technologies and ease of use ?
Pick MyBB or it's your loss Toungue
(2012-05-05, 10:29 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-05, 10:22 PM)error Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe reason 2 is that it's "tableless" too? Any others?

I don't see that being con for switching. There are tableless MyBB themes out there anyway.

Your main concerns should be usability, performance and accessability. I'd say MyBB beats phpBB in all three of those sectors.

what do you guys mean by "tableless"?
(2013-03-06, 07:40 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-05, 10:22 PM)error Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe reason 2 is that it's "tableless" too? Any others?

I don't see that being con for switching. There are tableless MyBB themes out there anyway.

Your main concerns should be usability, performance and accessability. I'd say MyBB beats phpBB in all three of those sectors.

Tableless means it doesn't use use HTML tables.
(2013-03-06, 07:42 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for replying Smile

HTML tables...is this something that a user of Mybb needs to know?Huh
(2013-03-06, 08:01 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-06, 07:42 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for replying Smile

HTML tables...is this something that a user of Mybb needs to know?Huh

Not unless you're going to be working on templates extensively, in which case you would need a basic understanding of HTML (which goes for any forum system).
Pages: 1 2 3