MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the lengthy registration process
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Logging in with Facebook is a one click "Log in with Facebook" button. Open ID is not that. Most people do not know what Open ID is or how to use it.

I mean, I don't mind if Open ID is implemented as stock or as a plugin or whatever as long as it doesn't need to be used. But from my perspective, Open ID doesn't add a lot of value.
More often than not I need to enter my full FB log-in details, along with a confirmation, when I click on a link that's directed to an FB page. That is a double log-in and I don't mind doing it.
Potentially you can just use email and username fields then when email is sent and they activate you can have them set a password then.

You don't need to confirm email if an activation email is required.

Once they click link in email it will just say "Please set a password" and add a confirm box.

IMHO that would be a simpler process but that also would require email activation being enabled which for most forums it is already.
Supprised no one has posted this yet. They have some great ways to simplify the signup process, including a few ways to get around having a confirm password.
(2012-04-27, 08:13 PM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]Supprised no one has posted this yet. They have some great ways to simplify the signup process, including a few ways to get around having a confirm password.

This article is great, thank you for sharing. Especially the username after sign-up.
(2012-04-27, 10:51 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-27, 08:13 PM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]Supprised no one has posted this yet. They have some great ways to simplify the signup process, including a few ways to get around having a confirm password.

This article is great, thank you for sharing. Especially the username after sign-up.

No problem. I also found it very insightful and interesting.

This is a great read. Thank you. posted in the OP.
bumping this so it stays relevant. I think mybb badly needs to improve its registration page.

also, it'd be great if an admin could turn off the registration agreement page without having to do core edits. I believe that's how you currently have to do it.

we can simply add a link to the registration agreement page on the registration page somewhere...
2.0's registration page should be far more streamlined. 1.x's is absolutely insane.
(2015-04-16, 10:44 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]2.0's registration page should be far more streamlined. 1.x's is absolutely insane.

totally agree.
Pages: 1 2 3 4