MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] sidereel - animated side nav
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This theme is inspired by the highly popular 'animate' which you can see here: http://www.ipbforumskins.com/premade/animate/index.php

The idea with my theme is that the side navigation has an animated background which scrolls down (or up if you want to set it to scroll up)

The theme is packed full of CSS3 and uses minimal images to allow for faster loading times.

It's still in the very early developmental stage, but I wanted to get some early feedback and see if this is something that the community would be interested in.

Note: Although the theme is highly inspired by 'animate' all the coding was done by me and uses a different jquery script for the animation so nothing is copied I can assure you.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26253]

Demo: Click Me

List of features: More info here

Buy Now: Click Here
Desperately needs some colour in there, just a little bit. Layout is great.
(2012-04-28, 12:08 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Desperately needs some colour in there, just a little bit. Layout is great.

Any recommendations where? I tried adding some colors/textures to the thead/tborder but ended up liking it better without it..
Around by the category names, just some sparkles or something.
You could also use the same blue as in the sidebar for the forum titles and/or on/off/lock images.
Wow, I really like it, excellent work. Smile
I think lowering the drop shadows would help a lot. Looks pretty interesting though. Smile
Looks great. Keep up. Smile
Maybe make the links the same blueish-teal as the sidebar, and I agree with making the On/off colored blue (maybe blue/"glow" for on, white but no glow for off?).
The whole idea of the animation is that you can change it to whatever you want.. you can make it a different color, or multiple images, etc.. so making the rest of the theme blue wouldn't really fit if the user wanted to make the animation bg green, dark, etc.. I'm trying to make the theme neutral colors that will fit well with most bg animations
Great layout.
And awesome colors.
All the best SmileSmile

Ps: the on off icons need a change as said by others,may be the same color of sidebar
Pages: 1 2 3