MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Built in xThreads like feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-04-30, 03:51 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-29, 05:11 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Why, though? The plugin exists separately and works well so why should it be integrated into the core?

Then everything that is already as a plugin/modification should left outside the core?

No. Not at all.

What I'm saying is that xThreads is a huge set of features that will not be used by a lot of people and it's not really a part of forum software. I would be pretty happy to see it in the Core since I use it all the time, but
  1. it would take a lot of time for the MyBB Dev team to integrate it into MyBB
  2. It will not be useful for most forum owners
I am also trying to manage expectations here a bit. There's just no way this will find its way into the Core product, so talking about whether it should be there or not is a waste of time.
Bump. Is xthreads compatibility really out of the game for MyBB 2.0?

I'm in the process of building a forum and xthreads seems to fit my demands nicely. I'm about to start investing time into customizing it via xthreads, but fearful of hitting a dead end if it ends up not being 2.0-compatible.

What are your thoughts? Xthread-customized forum owners, how are you planning ahead?

Luiz
(2015-06-22, 06:47 PM)luiz.schmidt Wrote: [ -> ]Bump. Is xthreads compatibility really out of the game for MyBB 2.0?

I'm in the process of building a forum and xthreads seems to fit my demands nicely. I'm about to start investing time into customizing it via xthreads, but fearful of hitting a dead end if it ends up not being 2.0-compatible.

What are your thoughts? Xthread-customized forum owners, how are you planning ahead?

Luiz

maybe they will leave it as plugin so as not to step on the other guy

but they need custom thread fields and template conditionals.
(2015-06-22, 06:47 PM)luiz.schmidt Wrote: [ -> ]Is xthreads compatibility really out of the game for MyBB 2.0?

Noone said that. There's even a thread where several staff members supply implementing either some or more XTHreads features to the core. Unless you mean the plugin specifically. Then yes, it won't be compatible, like all other plugins.
Without Xthreads, mybb would be just another forum package at best Toungue

AT worst it would be a plugin nightmare of vB
Regarding template conditionals, we've already confirmed multiple times that they're in the core thanks to our usage of Twig...
well it would still be nice to generate the custom thread fields input boxes, radio buttons, and selections,

and a way to output it to the template...not simple am sure, but makes it much more powerful
(2015-09-30, 10:27 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]well it would still be nice to generate the custom thread fields input boxes, radio buttons, and selections,

and a way to output it to the template...not simple am sure, but makes it much more powerful

I agree. This would be splendid.
you can use wordpress's pods as a starter on building meta links and custom fields, posttypes etc

http://pods.io/
There is a lot of software like wordpress pods which does extend/act like a CMS. I'd not move a lot of it into the MyBB core. MyBB is designed to be a forum software and should do this job. There are enough content management systems out there to take care of the rest. Pimcore for example does an excellent job and does nicely integrate with MyBB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4