MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML user info call help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can you send me via PM your forum ACP details (temp admin account) so i can look in templates,if that ranks are usergroup images that variable should work.
Sure thing, I'll send the details to you in a sec. Thanks again for taking the time to help me. It is greatly appreciated.
You used your rank images in stars field,you can't call star fields with mybb->user variables,only group image.Try to reload your page and you will see your image rank now.

For admins and mods i have changed positions for rank images (from star field to group images field,you can edit them in group settings under group image).For other groups i couldn't find any rank images specified in associated fields.
Thanks for the help. I see that I pasted the group image in the wrong field thank you for fixing that. However, the idea is to have the users rank as they increase in post count displayed at the top. I don't think this is possible with just user groups outside of admins and mods. Is there any possible code edits that can be made to try and call the star images associated with post count instead?

Quote:{$mybb->usergroup['starimage']}

That code almost worked when I had the group image in the star field before you fixed it. But, yeah I need to call the star image from the users title that is changed with the post count. Again, thanks for all of the help, but unfortunately, this is still not completely solved at this point in time.
Maybe you can use group promotion and create new group and add a group image for each group.

Calling star images with that variable will show only one star image regarding how many stars usergrup has,and star field is not the same as group image field,they are seperated with reason.
Can you customize a group to be based on the post count? It sounds like I would have to micro manage every user if they got above a certain post count, which isn't really a great solution. I kind of want to see if there is a way to call that function inside of post bits instead since this would be the best solution, but I am not to sure about editing php like that hmm.
Create new group that you want to promote (ACP -> Users and groups -> groups -> Add New User Group,add title and description to that new group and if you want the same permissions as registered group under copy permissions from select Registered and save it.After that edit your new group and add group image under group image field.

In ACP go to Users & Groups -> Group Promotions and add new promotion:

Title - Promotion one

Short Description - group promotion from registered group to <yournewgroupname> group

Promotion Requirements - select post count

Post Count - enter how much posts are needed to get group promotion (50 or 100 or maybe 100000)

Original User Group - select your group that you want to promote (for example registered users)

New User Group - select group that you created before this promotion

User Group Change Type -primary user group

and now save it.

Same thing goes for new group,create it and in group promotion set how many posts (or other stuff) is needed to get group promotion from group x to group y.

Quote: I kind of want to see if there is a way to call that function inside of post bits instead since this would be the best solution, but I am not to sure about editing php like that hmm.

You don't need any core edits for group stars,you have group rank images that will show near your avatar when you login.

Group image will change according to users group (for example new promoted group will have group image with red background color and normal registered users will have green background color [if the group image is definied under group image filed]).
Thanks for the reply. So, if I make a group with a post count limit with they automatically be promoted? Do I have to do this manually every time they exceed their post count for a given group?
Promotion is running automatically.If user hits 50 posts he will be promoted from group x to group y under condition that requirement to promotion is 50 posts or more.

You can delete that temp account if you want.
(2012-05-01, 06:09 PM)Johnny S Wrote: [ -> ]Promotion is running automatically.If user hits 50 posts he will be promoted from group x to group y under condition that requirement to promotion is 50 posts or more.

You can delete that temp account if you want.

I am having a bit of trouble getting the promotion to take effect. I am pretty sure I filled it out like you previously stated. Do users need to post again or something for it to take affect?

edit this is what I am looking at:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z265/...setup2.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z265/...setup3.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z265/...setup1.jpg

(Note: I renamed registered users to newbies from the start)

edit:

I also ran the promotion task manually in the task manager and nothing happened Sad.
Pages: 1 2 3