MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password Resets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@euantor it's just a DirectoryIterator loop to update them in one go. Toungue

Nathan is right - full tags are specified in the standards but only the opening tag is required I guess. Personally I'm on the fence...
One thing to consider; do you really want to update all your files again? Toungue
(2012-05-08, 10:27 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]One thing to consider; do you really want to update all your files again? Toungue

That's what I was really thinking about. There are still people who aren't using patches and this kind of major update would be seriously annoying for them.

You could use a DirectoryIterator, but I hadn't thought about that Wink
(2012-05-08, 10:26 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]@euantor it's just a DirectoryIterator loop to update them in one go. Toungue

Nathan is right - full tags are specified in the standards but only the opening tag is required I guess. Personally I'm on the fence...

I'm not keen on the idea of eliminating the closing tag. I personally think of it as a lazy way to avoid checking for whitespaces or the likes. Basically, just because you can doesn't mean you should.
(2012-05-08, 10:27 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]One thing to consider; do you really want to update all your files again? Toungue

What about for 1.8x? Certainly most files if not all will need to be replaced for that anyways.

I've been working to remove closing php tags in all my new coding. With MyBB there is never output after the close tag so I don't see who it would have a negative effect.
Uhm, I guess we could do that in 2.0 .
(2012-05-09, 04:15 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]What about for 1.8x? Certainly most files if not all will need to be replaced for that anyways.

That's true, almost all files will be overwritten. I guess it's just good practice to use the closing tag if it is the end of your script.
Can't believe I'm gonna say this...

Umm...I've noticed that Yii doesn't close it's tags. Smile
* Tomm M screen-shots post. Toungue

Nope because Yii is a different standard of PHP. There's no harm in the closing tags - as long as you keep to the same standards and remove whitespace afterwards.
Just now I too got an email from member that their password reset code shows invalid and/or doesn't let him reset it.

I also remember some member reporting that if we disable allowed number of failed logins, the issues seems to go away, however, not tested that. Perhaps, SQA or devs might be interested to look if after failing given login attempts, the system is not able to reset password or code properly?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8