MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: bobbaXtrade Forum(Review the theme please)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
200+ views and just three guys reviewed it... seriously? Come on guys just wanna now what you think about the theme and stuff..
(2012-05-10, 05:19 AM)zero_X Wrote: [ -> ]200+ views and just three guys reviewed it... seriously? Come on guys just wanna now what you think about the theme and stuff..

Bear in mind not all of those views are from members. Most will either be from guests or bots which crawl the forums. We are a high traffic site after all.
(2012-05-10, 05:40 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-10, 05:19 AM)zero_X Wrote: [ -> ]200+ views and just three guys reviewed it... seriously? Come on guys just wanna now what you think about the theme and stuff..

Bear in mind not all of those views are from members. Most will either be from guests or bots which crawl the forums. We are a high traffic site after all.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure many members have seen it and leave it without even saying I hate it. I know this because you can see the same members posting in all the other threads.
Okay I'll start off on design.

Generally, the design is nice but there's small nit-picky things I want to pinpoint. Firstly, the yellow and blue big giant buttons with icons on, I'd scrap those. I'm not sure why they're there but it looks misplaced in my opinion. Secondly, there is absolutely no need for tabs. I don't see why any forum should use tabs apart from HF, period. They're not pretty so they certainly don't add any design benefits to the forum. Tabs are meant to be used as a nice way to organise vast amounts of content - that's why it works so well on HF. Lastly, the on/off images - which is one image - puts me off viewing the index. They'd look a lot better if they weren't animated. If it were me, I'd scrap them completely and only use the ficons, or vice-versa.

Now the content. I obviously can't read Spanish so I can't judge the quality of the content. But I like that you've at least tried to spread content around before releasing. But you have way too many sections, it makes the forum look dead. I'd reduce your sections drastically whilst removing tabs and keeping everything small and compact. Then it's less effort when posting content regularly, which you should keep doing. Do this whilst spreading the word on Spanish sites. I doubt there's many Spanish speaking members here who still play Habbo.

One more small design thing. You have the header menu in the same place as the header separater thing, it makes it hard to read the toplinks. Move it down so it's only on top of the darker background, you might need to add a bold effect to your toplinks then though. I doubt you'll get what I mean by this as I suck at explaining design things.
(2012-05-10, 06:05 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I'll start off on design.

Generally, the design is nice but there's small nit-picky things I want to pinpoint. Firstly, the yellow and blue big giant buttons with icons on, I'd scrap those. I'm not sure why they're there but it looks misplaced in my opinion. Secondly, there is absolutely no need for tabs. I don't see why any forum should use tabs apart from HF, period. They're not pretty so they certainly don't add any design benefits to the forum. Tabs are meant to be used as a nice way to organise vast amounts of content - that's why it works so well on HF. Lastly, the on/off images - which is one image - puts me off viewing the index. They'd look a lot better if they weren't animated. If it were me, I'd scrap them completely and only use the ficons, or vice-versa.

Now the content. I obviously can't read Spanish so I can't judge the quality of the content. But I like that you've at least tried to spread content around before releasing. But you have way too many sections, it makes the forum look dead. I'd reduce your sections drastically whilst removing tabs and keeping everything small and compact. Then it's less effort when posting content regularly, which you should keep doing. Do this whilst spreading the word on Spanish sites. I doubt there's many Spanish speaking members here who still play Habbo.

One more small design thing. You have the header menu in the same place as the header separater thing, it makes it hard to read the toplinks. Move it down so it's only on top of the darker background, you might need to add a bold effect to your toplinks then though. I doubt you'll get what I mean by this as I suck at explaining design things.

Thank you alot for the extended review! I've taken in consideration many of the suggestions you've made! You are right about those giants buttons. And, yeah I keep hearing about the tabs not being a great idea. I also want to eliminate those red moving on and off icons, but without loosing the on a off functions with each individual image, i'm not sure on how to do that.
Se mira bien.
(2012-05-11, 11:26 PM)zero_X Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you alot for the extended review! I've taken in consideration many of the suggestions you've made! You are right about those giants buttons. And, yeah I keep hearing about the tabs not being a great idea. I also want to eliminate those red moving on and off icons, but without loosing the on a off functions with each individual image, i'm not sure on how to do that.

No worries. Make a thread in the theme & template support section and I'm sure somebody can help you remove that column.
I personally like this theme, it's not something I have seen before and different to the rest.
Well done.
(2012-05-13, 02:49 AM)Support Wrote: [ -> ]I personally like this theme, it's not something I have seen before and different to the rest.
Well done.

Thank you, glad you get the idea. About the PM i'm not planning on releasing it anytime soon, sorry.
Down to two starts :O I don't understand, if you are going to rate at least say why you did not like it or like it. Like I said before I don't care if you hate it really bad or just like or love it I wanna hear some criticism from you guys.... I often see many of the members going hard on different showcased forums. I want that. ... just saying.
Pages: 1 2 3