MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Mail Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1st:
smtp.googlemail.com
2nd:
3rd:
[email protected] (Privacy)
4th:
Password filled.
5th:
SSL Encryption, also tried with TLS and same error.

So now to the error:
"Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" mybb"

Thunderbird is set, and automatically got everything.
Gmail IMAP and everything else set according to official guide.

I have tried with 4 different types of software now, and the last is Thunderbird.

If anyone has time to reply, it would really be great.
Thread
Try this:
SMTP hostname: tls://smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 465
SMTP Encryption Mode: No encryption
Mail Logging: Log Everything
Add message ID in mail headers: No
works for me and others on shared hosting.
(2012-05-06, 09:27 PM)GunnerAIO Wrote: [ -> ]Thread
Try this:
SMTP hostname: tls://smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 465
SMTP Encryption Mode: No encryption
Mail Logging: Log Everything
Add message ID in mail headers: No
works for me and others on shared hosting.

Thank you for the reply friend, but this is the error I get now:

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />(numbers..): Unable to find the socket transport "tls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?
It may well be that your server doesn't support SMTP delivery of email. Try contacting your host to see if this is the case.
(2012-05-07, 01:01 PM)Freezing Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the reply friend, but this is the error I get now:

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />(numbers..): Unable to find the socket transport "tls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?

I think euantor is right,
to answer your question, No I used shared hosting if you're referring to hosted php but as far as in admin cp yes I did enable SMTP and my settings work for my forum in sending hundreds or activation emails a day (on good days) and other system emails. Google gmail service is great once you get it working, however an occasional email doesn't make it to a user.. I assume since I set a DKIM key on host that it's a users web server error and not mine.
Quote:We do not block any UDP or TCP ports, also our servers are unmanaged, so you'll
have to give us a better understanding of the specific problem before we can
help.

This is what I got guys.

The problem is that I also tried with normal PHP mail, but I got same error before. I thought SMTP would work, but that didnt either.

I hope there will be a fix though.
Anyone?

(BUMP#1)
Oh man.. sorry to hear you're having the same issue, are you using a host installed MyBB package or a package you installed? I had a lot of issues because I was first using a host installed 1 click install MyBB package. It had ton of issues until I installed the new install package from here. All kinds of settings were missing. If that's not the case, and if SMTP isn't working, and you're using a Google APPS email (I don't know if regular gmail supports smtp from private hosted sites but I know Google apps does) then I wish I could help you more but I dunno what the issue is. I'm using 1.6.7 and those SMTP settings I gave worked maybe 98% of the time.. I even see when there's a delivery error via admin cp (if my memory serves correctly).
Well..
I do not actually understand what you mean with myBB package. The way I installed it was:
1. Go under downloads.
2. Extract to my host.
3. Configure it, and everything was working (same patch as you)

I used registrated at www.mail.google.com

I have no idea what a Google Apps mail is, even though I have read a lot about it on different sites. It seems to cost money though?

I could just be Google Apps and not the regular gmail I am using which causes this problem. Smile
lol well it's sound like voodoo to me, you can get started with Google Apps for free, try this link:
https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/standard/new3

EDIT:
if you do host your mail with google apps be sure to go to advanced setting later and use a DKIM with your domain.. instructions are included on that page.
Pages: 1 2