MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When will 1.8 beta come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi @everybody here!
I want really to know when the 1.8 beta version will come out. I want to test it for my website as soon as possible and I do not really want to wait anymore, even for 2.0!
When its ready.
See: [wiki]1.8.0[/wiki].

Quote:Although there is no set release date for a beta version of MyBB 1.8, a beta version may be available for testing as early as May 2012.

Please note that does not mean you will definately see a beta version this month - That's an 'at-earliest' statement.

It will be released when it's ready.
When it's ready
As mentioned it will be available when it is ready.

The majority of the theme changes have been completed though. We're still planning new features (what feels like) every day too so the 'May' timescale may be put back slightly.
(2012-05-13, 07:29 AM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess it will not come by this month. Sad

Patience is a virtue. Smile First we have to get all the core features in, finish the new theme, test it internally for bugs (Which I'll most likely being doing before the beta is released Toungue), then release the beta version for public testing/feedback.

We're working really hard on 1.8 so you know the longer it takes the more effort we're putting in to making it the best it can be. Smile
No versions further to 1.6.7 would be released? i.e. the next release after 1.6.7 would be directly 1.8 ?
1.6.8 will be the next release. We'll be maintaining the 1.6 series beyond the release of 1.8
What part of "when it's ready" do you not understand? We don't have a set date and we're not aiming to release it after a specific version either.
(2012-05-13, 08:54 AM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]So 1.6.8 after that 1.8? Smile
I presume it would go like 1.6.8 , 1.6.9 and THEN 1.8 .

Btw, 1.8 beta would be released along with 1.6x series, I guess, not sure though. But I won't jump off to beta, I'll go in series and upgrade when a stable version comes out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4