MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default sign up options for theads and PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Guys I am having a strange problem Though I have changed the order as follows
<select name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod">
        <option value="0" selected="selected" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
        <option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
        <option value="2" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}

</option>
    </select> 

The members after registering on their profile shows "do not subscribe" selected where as they have not changed the default settings, it seems there is some other template which is controlling this default.
I further deleted all together the option of "do not subscribe" even then when members register "do not subscribe" is the default option where as they did not change anything.

Can you help?
(2012-06-18, 05:23 AM)ranjan2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys I am having a strange problem Though I have changed the order as follows
        <option value="0" selected="selected" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
        <option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
        <option value="2" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}

</option>
    </select> 

The members after registering on their profile shows "do not subscribe" selected where as they have not changed the default settings, it seems there is some other template which is controlling this default.
I further deleted all together the option of "do not subscribe" even then when members register "do not subscribe" is the default option where as they did not change anything.

Can you help?

I've got the following on mine, and it seems to work.

<option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
<option selected value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
</select>

Inserting 'selected' after '<option' changes the default for newly registered members.

Not sure what plugins etc you've got which may been interfering with this, but the above seems to work fine for me.

Now to work out how to set 'pmnotice' to checked by default...
Is any way to hide the PM option on the registration process? Many users uncheck the line "Receive private messages from other users", probably because the spam fear.

Or is possible to rename this line with "something more sweet" like "Create my PM mailbox" ?
You can hide it with input type="hidden", and you can change the text by changing the language string in the languages section.
Thank you,
Newbie question - where I can find the line "input type" ? On Default Templates?
it's in the member_register template, all of the sign up page is there

you can use the code from my registration page as a base if you want

http://community.mybb.com/thread-122216-...#pid884483
Pages: 1 2 3 4