MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What do you think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I have been pondering on the idea of a website focused on mac gaming. Now when you think mac, no one thinks games. When they want computer games they go to Windows. With this website I'd like to prove to the world that macs can play games and how well they run. My question is wether I should do a blog/review type system or a forum with the reviews as threads? The benefit of having a forum would be the users able to participate 'more' in the content. I'd like your honest opinions though. Please post them below.

Thanks.
Similar to iosnut? Well, sort of similar.
I was really interested in this type of thing right before buying my current PC. Turns out Macs actually can run games pretty well, and emulators for that matter. I think it would be a good idea, I had to sift through tons of sites (Including YT ugh) just to find the info I was looking for.
(2012-05-10, 02:49 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Similar to iosnut? Well, sort of similar.

iOSNut is expanding in to more than just iDevices, as you can see in the Hardware and Devices and the App Chat section, actually, soon it won't just be iOS based - but Mac / iOS based. Apple gaming and app chat, basically. When we get the plugin from you know who. Sad
Half of great gaming on a mac comes from bootcamp anyway. So I would say don't waste your time. But, I'm a mac hater so my opinion is probably moot Toungue.
(2012-05-10, 04:55 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Half of great gaming on a mac comes from bootcamp anyway. So I would say don't waste your time. But, I'm a mac hater so my opinion is probably moot Toungue.

I feel the same about people who say that Linux is good for gaming. The majority of games are run through Wine, which makes no sense to me. Just use Windows for god's sake.
I would switch to linux if it got better support for gaming, and wireless drivers. But, very few the games I want to play work well enough for me through wine.

Thus I'm still on Windows Big Grin.
(2012-05-10, 06:42 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I would switch to linux if it got better support for gaming, and wireless drivers. But, very few the games I want to play work well enough for me through wine.

Thus I'm still on Windows Big Grin.

Apparently a native Steam client is in the works, so that should help the cause a fair bit Smile
(2012-05-10, 04:55 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Half of great gaming on a mac comes from bootcamp anyway. So I would say don't waste your time. But, I'm a mac hater so my opinion is probably moot Toungue.

Well, that'd be the point of the website. Because people who have never tried playing games on a Mac go with the hater crowd and day they're horrible. When actually, I see smoother gameplay then windows. But no one here has seemed to answer my question.

As to Jordan, I'm not trying to "copy" your idea (if that's the right word). In fact, I had no idea it existed until you had replied to the thread. But again, your website is still more iOS focused, do you agree?
(2012-05-10, 06:38 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]

I feel the same about people who say that Linux is good for gaming. The majority of games are run through Wine, which makes no sense to me. Just use Windows for god's sake.

Windows in a virtual environment on Linux runs faster than Windows on its own.
Tested with several occasion and can have a 10% or more performance increase Wink
Look it up yourself, dont remember the source anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3