MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: distroforum.com - linux support, customization, games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello!

Distroforum is a community for all new and experienced Linux users, and for those considering using it.
The main focus of this forum is to solve your problems, help you customize your desktop, share our favourite apps and show off our desktops.
Those of you looking to discover something new, take a look in the 'Community Recommendations' section.
We will also offer many Conky configurations, window manager themes, tutorials and such in the near future.
---

My main intention for this forum isn't to get explosive activity, rather a steady growing group of people with a common interest sharing great content.
Come take a look, thanks.

http://distroforum.com
http://twitter.com/distroforum
Great idea Solidus. Already a member there and you've got a really nice site set up. I wish you luck with it.
Again changed the theme from Imperial? Nonetheless, nice work, good luck
I'm a member there!
Why do you need the portal to be at the index? There's very little news to show, so what's the point of it? And are you serious about CometChat? If so, please enlighten me as to why a recently launched forum needs a chatroom, Flash games, private chatting and a bunch of other social networking features. I really want to understand your reasoning behind this.

The Desktop Showcase area disappointed me a bit. What you had going on initially was a better approach, it was kinda what I had in mind. Ideally it should be a table divided into a couple of rows and columns, each cell containing a thumbnail of the desktop and perhaps the name of the author or something. And threads should contain the full size desktop image and a list of the components used.

Same thing about the Conky customization page. How is that supposed to work? Do you hand pick the best configs and add them there manually? Or will we eventually be able to post Conky configs ourselves? If so, I hope you do it in a similar fashion to the Desktop Showcase area. The current setup is quite boring in my opinion.

Good luck with the forum! I sincerely hope you succeed. Smile
I was wondering what you were going to use your sleek purchase on. Good luck with this project! Smile
(2012-05-13, 11:20 AM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you need the portal to be at the index? There's very little news to show, so what's the point of it?

I was thinking the same, and will change that.

(2012-05-13, 11:20 AM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]And are you serious about CometChat? If so, please enlighten me as to why a recently launched forum needs a chatroom, Flash games, private chatting and a bunch of other social networking features. I really want to understand your reasoning behind this.

Chatroom and game modules will be removed. The reason for using Cometchat is only for the private chatting feature and Twitter module.

(2012-05-13, 11:20 AM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]The Desktop Showcase area disappointed me a bit. What you had going on initially was a better approach, it was kinda what I had in mind. Ideally it should be a table divided into a couple of rows and columns, each cell containing a thumbnail of the desktop and perhaps the name of the author or something. And threads should contain the full size desktop image and a list of the components used.

Me too, I couldn't get xthreads to work how I wanted it to at first, I will have another go at it.

(2012-05-13, 11:20 AM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Same thing about the Conky customization page. How is that supposed to work? Do you hand pick the best configs and add them there manually? Or will we eventually be able to post Conky configs ourselves?

You will be able to submit your own easily, same for window manager themes and such when I add them. It won't be automated, I'll still be adding manually what is submitted to me though.

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm a member here, It's an amazing forum.
It's become one of my 3 sites that I check every day after I read my mail on Gmail.
Theme, check! Content, check! Concept, check! You have all the requirements to make it big. Good luck man.
Pages: 1 2 3