MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: png as default in 1.8 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Possible png as default in all images in 1.8 ?

Gif images is horrible for black themes. Transparent not work well.

I saw several black themes... star_rating.gif, male.gif etc... very horrible in black themes.
I definitely agree.
(2012-05-15, 03:28 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I definitely agree.
Justin, go for it
Unsure at this point. Maybe.
Yeah I think this is a good idea, it's annoying have to rename every PNG you want to use to .gif to upload and then rename to .png to edit in Photoshop.
Why unsure at this point? What possible advantages does the gif format have over the png format?
(2012-05-15, 10:15 PM)mattias Wrote: [ -> ]Why unsure at this point? What possible advantages does the gif format have over the png format?

Animated Gifs are one reason. I prefer PNG but I'm just telling you a GIF advantage.
(2012-05-15, 10:15 PM)mattias Wrote: [ -> ]Why unsure at this point? What possible advantages does the gif format have over the png format?

breaking existing plugins that search and replace templates based on the on/off/lock code that has hard coded gif in it

Because at the rate we're changing 1.8, it is turning more and more into a major feature update rather than the soft, subtle and cuddly toy it is meant to be.
(2012-05-15, 10:33 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]

Because at the rate we're changing 1.8, it is turning more and more into a major feature update rather than the soft, subtle and cuddly toy it is meant to be.

is possible then in 2.0 ?
Pages: 1 2