MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Payment problem to godady and hostgator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I decided to buy a .org domain from godady and hosting from hostgator.

Now I don't have visa / debit card, nor do have a paypal account, I looked in hostgator options they accept western union, but and what about godady

Thing for my knowledge :
How do the transaction occurs from a visa card? take example of godady.
You enter your card number, your pin code and what's next ? i.e. what is the guaranty they will only deduct the correct amount and don't use those details for any further misuse ? I never understood the concept Sad
Ny advice, avoid go daddy. There are plenty more, more reputable registrars Smile

Yes, they only deduct what is necessary, nothing more. If they did do anything illegal like that their reputation would plummet. They would never get away with it Smile
Suggest one that's why I am on mybb Big Grin
It's your own fault for going with two no-no's.
means?
People - don't slag off GoDaddy if you have absolutely no grounds to do so. It's a classic example of jumping on the bandwagon.
Your first problem is wanting to voluntarily give money to GoDaddy... AND HostGator.

Create a PayPal account. You need one if you want to spend money online without risking any CC info. Then, buy your domain at name.com and your hosting at dreamhost.
(2012-05-18, 07:31 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Your first problem is wanting to voluntarily give money to GoDaddy... AND HostGator.

I agree with this part. I've had not so great experiences with both of them personally.
Hostgator sales department is hostile, they actually think they are doing you a favour.

Tech department is cool.
You can buy domains on onlydomains.com only with your paypal, you don't need a linked card to it.
Pages: 1 2