MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I read others PMs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I as an Admin of a forum read another members Private Messages?
Thank you so much!!
Am i the only one who finds this breaking somebodys privacy. And you should notify your users extremely clearly you are just spying there private messages.
(2012-05-18, 10:37 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]Am i the only one who finds this breaking somebodys privacy. And you should notify your users extremely clearly you are just spying there private messages.

Hm... But this also can help preventing some spam, and adversting via pm.
I agree that doing so without informing members prior to using is wrong, also if there is spam or advertising - users could report it. I guess that's why they call them 'Private' Messages Wink
(2012-05-18, 10:47 PM)vernier Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that doing so without informing members prior to using is wrong, also if there is spam or advertising - users could report it. I guess that's why they call them 'Private' Messages Wink

Thats what i mean if you dont clearly state this they can just sue you if they wish. Its not called PRIVATE message for no reason. And if you dont clearly imform your users you are just searching through their pm it can cause a huge backlash.
Just change the "private" word from all related files and you will be better that now.
Well, we can do this anyway - we have access to the database. And I think it is covered in the Registration Agreement.

Quote:... Your IP Address is recorded with each post you make on this discussion system and is retrievable by the forum staff if need-be. You agree that we have the ability and right to remove, edit, or lock any account or message at any time should it be seen fit. You also agree that any information you enter on this discussion system is stored in a database, and that "cookies" are stored on your computer to save your login information....

But I personally think it is an invasion of privacy to snuffle about in people's PMs.
It's useful to solve some problems.
Pages: 1 2